RadianXT RF in Honda Ody (pics)

thepote

Love the RNXT for DS3 right now... much more legroom than the MA. Not sure I would want him outboard in this seat (too exposed) -- but for the off-center position it's great. He's 3yrs 6mos, 31lbs, average height and skinny. The captain's chair is all the way back and the front passenger seat is all the way back, too. The RF tether is around the frame-bolted 'leg' of the table/console thing between the front seats.

DSC03383.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

The only way I could get it tight and upright was to stand behind the RN and put my belly over the back of the seat with my full weight on it while pulling to get that last quarter inch of tightness.

DSC03384.jpg

DSC03385.jpg

The straps are way below his shoulders in the 3rd slots from the bottom, but the next highest are a smidge above still. I move the headrest up a little for the pics, but I think it could go down a little more. The chest clip could go up a little, too. But hey, I got him into the seat for pics :)
Liam works for clementines, btw :love:

ADS

emandbri

He looks great! It cracks me up that the way he is sitting his feet aren't at the back of the seat at all! Elizabeth does the same thing! :D

Melodiya99

Is that the older style ody? It looks the same as mine (2002), but I thought the 2005 was different?

Did you try any other positions in the car? I'm excited that you got it in so nicely:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Very cool :).
I wouldn't stress about it being outboard and 'too exposed', personally...the knees and ankles being at the level of oncoming bumpers of the FF outboard kiddo are at more risk than a RF child's legs (or any other body part). :eek:

thepote

Is that the older style ody? It looks the same as mine (2002), but I thought the 2005 was different?

Did you try any other positions in the car? I'm excited that you got it in so nicely:D

IIRC the 2005 is the first year of the redesign. This one is the LX model, so it's low on bells and whistles.

I didn't try it anywhere else - yet :)

armywife12

The fit looks great. Man, it's making me wish I went for the Radian instead of the Frontier...didn't think that through very well. Caleb would look so awesome in the XT with that cover...lol. Don't know how it would install in my CX-7 though

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC