what else do you obsess about?

OnTheBrink

So, some people in my life think I'm obsessive about the carseat thing. But then I realized they think that about a lot of stuff I do.

So - what else do you obsess about?

For me:

car safety

breastfeeding

time with my kids

quality education options
(For us that means Montessori)

I used to obsess about:
cloth diapers
no plastic toys or containers
organic food
no TV or movies

but... I've changed quite a bit!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Been there, done that.. :). I was all about breastfeeding when I had my first kid (I even wrote Katherine Dettwyler a fan email, lol)... Strollers, cloth diapers, organic food, elimination communication... I usually move from obsession to obsession (The Monkees, Environmental issues, nutrition....) and keep waiting for the carseat thing to wear off, but it just won't go away!

super_grape

Currently:) :
Cloth Diapers, Strollers, Skip Hops, and Gymboree

Always:
SIDS (my baby still uses a sleep monitor:eek: ), organics,
and of coarse car seats.

southpawboston

newest obsessions:

CPS
organic food
physical fitness
financial fitness
performance tires
DD1 and 2
strollers
children's books
middleastern rugs

long-standing obsessions:

cars (i'm a guy!)
audio reproduction (see above)
new yorker magazine
music of all kinds

scatterbunny

Internet
Carseats/car safety
Reading (anything and everything)

Used to be organic food but we can't afford it! We were going broke when we bought organic.

Hopefully I can become obsessed with budgeting soon so we can afford it again. ;)

lovinwaves

My obsessions in no particular order are:

1. Cars/Automobiles
2. Speed/Going Fast
3. Music
4. Cleaning
5. CPS
6. This Forum (LOL)
7. Strollers
8. Breast-feeding (used to more when I *was* BF'ing)
9. Politics
10. DH (LOL :D)
11. Researching before I buy ANYTHING!

Last edited:

drey

My son
Car seats & safety
Education (he's in a private preschool?!?!?! :eek: )
Finances - savings, retirement, college

OnTheBrink

My son
Car seats & safety
Education (he's in a private preschool?!?!?! :eek: )
Finances - savings, retirement, college

OK, maybe a dumb question, but aren't most preschools private? My kids were/are both in private preschool (cooperative and Montessori). I thought that public preschools were just for those getting public assistance? Educate me! :)

drey

OK, maybe a dumb question, but aren't most preschools private? My kids were/are both in private preschool (cooperative and Montessori). I thought that public preschools were just for those getting public assistance? Educate me! :)

Sorry, maybe not quite the right choice of wording... :p But the reaction is pretty accurate! My choices were preschool at his previous daycare, or the Montessori program. We don't have public preschools here in WI (at least, in Waukesha, WI)... Most parochial programs here don't have preschools either, they start at K4. He'll stay in Montessori at least until K5, then I guess we're going to evaluate whether he stays, or attends the elementary school in our neighborhood (you can see it from my front yard)...

OnTheBrink

AH, that makes sense now! Thanks for explaining!

My daughter is in K at our Montessori school. She's been there since she was 3. Our school goes through 6th grade and I'm on the committee that is opening a new Montessori middle school. I love Montessori!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
There is a rise in the trend toward free Universal PreK in addition to Head Start, although the child generally has to be 4 by December or January of the school year.... Even Start is also free preschool/nursery school for children too young for PreKindergarten + technical schools teaching highschool students Early Childhood Education often offer very good programs with 1:1 or 1:3 ratio for almost free.

OnTheBrink

Yes, we have a Voluntary Pre-K program here in Florida (for 4 year olds). It's not necessarily free, though. It's a discount on the tuition, basically. So, for my daughter's preK-3 year, we paid $XXXX. For her preK-4 year, we paid $XXXX minus the VPK discount. The VPK students can attend private preschools or special VPK programs at local public schools.

Pawy

Child seats
Sun Protection ( It bugs me to see kids out in the sun with no clothes on)
Education
Kids that dont play a sport

;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Cars
CPS and car safety
Food allergies (DD1 is allergic to eggs and peanuts)
Yoga
Cars
Breastfeeding/Extended breastfeeding
Cars
Gardening (I'm being bombarded by seed catalogs this time of year now that the weather is more wintery here, lol)
Did I mention cars? ;)

Splash

For my kid, or in general?

Car seats
Circumcision
Vaccination
Breastfeeding
Cloth diapering
Cosleeping
Education
How much Florida sucks
Moving to Norway/Germany/Australia (I don't care)
Moving out of the US, at least out of FL
Getting my kid off the bottle (AJ and I are arguing over this, for some reason she wants him to keep it)
Charlie
Taking pictures of Charlie
Buying things for Charlie
Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
Delta Storage Pool Deficiency
Reading
The History Channel
Uh... I've gone too far.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC