80sl or xtsl?

Melodiya99

It seems like everyone here is getting the xtsl for the 45lb rf limit...doesn't the 80sl have the same limit? How much of a benefit are the wings (in either comfort or safety)?

Thanks!

ADS

MANDY1234

some like the xtsl for the wings...I like it for the steller flora cover :cool:

sorry no help, i don't have a preferance really...wings or no wings it really is all about the cover for me lol

dawnp15

Can you use the old radian covers on the new sl radians?? I mean like the old 80 and the new 80sl, the old xt and the xtsl?? There are some old covers and new covers i like...so sorry i'm not trying to thread hijack :whistle:

NannyMom

Rear facing provides side impact protection. Using a harness provides side impact protection.

But IMO, I'd rather have the wings for more side impact protection between my child's head and the side of the van, if she's outboard.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The reason you don't see many poeople buying the 80 is because it's less of a value.

here's the deal.
The 65 RF to 40 and FF to 65
The 80 RF to 45 and FF to 80
The xtsl RF to 45 and FF to 80.

The thing is..unless you have a short/short-torsoed and HEAVY kid, the seat will be outgrown by height by 65 pounds. it would be very rare to have a kid fit until 80 pounds.
So...the difference in FFing limits is really NOT a difference.

Withe the XTSL, you are getting something extra over the 65 - the headwings AND 5 extra Rfing pounds.
With the 80, you are just getting the extra 5 RFing pounds.

Now see, the seats all used to have the same Rfing limt (40 pounds), so that you actually got NOTHING extra inthe 80 over the 65...so it was a complete waste of money. But now that it has a higher Rfing limit, you are getting SOMEthing, but still, for just a tad more, you get the headwings, so most peoploe opt either to go all out and ge the xtsl, with the headwings, or, if they are on a very strict budget, the 65sl, because it's good enough. The 80 just...offers very little special.

emandbri

I love the floral cover so I plan to get the XT SL. When I bought my last radian I got the 80 because I wanted the brown cover and I wasn't as worried about the side wings since I knew it would be almost always used in the middle and not the side.

Last edited:

jess71903

Ambassador
I plan to get the 80SL when I can. I want the 45lb RF weight limit and I don't care about the wings, and need the lower price.

MANDY1234

wow you were fast! Do you have the flora cover? Is the light part really light...will it get dirty easily?

Give me a week and I'll let you know...I hit a deer and get the replacement check FRIDAY!! I am so excited :p

Oh...I have RN80s right now and also only got that for the cover lol The girls wanted pink seats! I don't see why the covers on the XT (both old and new wouldn't be interchangable) as would the 65/80s (these are interchangable b/c it is virtually the same seat besides the weight limit) of the old and new...

jsmom

Give me a week and I'll let you know...I hit a deer and get the replacement check FRIDAY!! I am so excited :p

Oh...I have RN80s right now and also only got that for the cover lol The girls wanted pink seats! I don't see why the covers on the XT (both old and new wouldn't be interchangable) as would the 65/80s (these are interchangable b/c it is virtually the same seat besides the weight limit) of the old and new...

Its more of a khaki color which I was surprised to see. I thought it would be more of a cream. If I can figure it out, Ill post a picture of the colors.

jsmom

See if this works...

This was inside so its not natural light and I took it with my cell lol But its def darker than what I thought it was going to be judging by the stock photos. Still :love: it though!

Melodiya99

I guess I'm not really comparing it to the 65...I want to get the 45lb rf limit. So, I guess the question for me is not how good of a deal the 80 is over the 65, but more, are the wings worth the extra $30? I'm also wondering if the wings will prevent my girls from interacting as much as they do now? They ist next to each other and are constantly laughing and playing together, and older dd can find younger dd's paci, etc. Is it easy to look around the wings?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC