Question Anyone familiar with the Recaro Start? HELP!

firemomof3

OK so my Recaro Start just came in and WOW I think you need an engineering degree to figure it out! There are so many recline/leg support settings and the entire seat moves on some sort of base?!
Any help is greating appreciated!

ADS

firemomof3

Oh cool, I found this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi3jI3-Qclo"]YouTube- Recaro Start Car Seat - Kiddicare[/ame]
This helped a lot :)
It has an 07 DOM, but there is no expiration right?
And I could have sworn that it had rigid latch but it only has a tether...

firemomof3

Oh the %#**&% with it!! I HATE this booster :hitselfonhead: I couldn't even get the seat belt routed through that stupid rolling thing! A booster really should not be this difficult, what a dissapointment.
Forget it, its going back and I'm ordering a Oobr!
No wonder they stopped manufacturing this seat!

Last edited:

firemomof3

I ordered it from Amazon and it went through Baby Bungalow. I just emailed them and they emailed me back within 1/2 hour :thumbsup: They said that it was fine to just return it to my local BB, awsome customer service!

fyrfightermomma

Yeah I informed my child she can never grow once I set it for her (with the shield).

I tried to use it as a booster one whole time and gave up *sigh* sure looks nice though

Yes it expires. People were told a while back it didnt but now Recaro states 6 yrs I think. Thats what they told me anyways

BTW whats the weight minimum on the oobr?

Ahzryn

Sorry it didn't work out for you, we love ours :(

The belt guide has two settings, locked and free sliding. Maybe you had it in the locked position? As for the rest, it's a VERY adjustable seat, which makes it great for hard to fit kids. Long legs but short torso? No problem, you can adjust the seat out and the back down. It does take some reading and practice out of the car though to get comfortable with it.

Hopefully you'll find another seat that works better for you!

firemomof3

Ya, I had the guide in the unlocked postion but still had a heck of a time trying to get the seat belt into the guide :confused:
I did like all the adjustments but couldn't get the seat to lock in the 'open' position, it kept closing up on me :confused:
I'm sure if I took my time and really spent some time I could figure it out....but I just don't think boosters should be that complicated!
Plus, the seat was already 2 years old so I wouldn't have kept it anyway

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My 03/04 Starts have no expiration, though someone called and they were told 8. This is the first I've ever heard 6. But honestly? I think headwing designs have come a long way lately and I won't keep using mine...I much prefer the wider designs on newer seats (based on various crash test videos I've watched and how they seem to contain heads better--the newest Starts even seem to be considerably redesigned, and not sold here, yet at least).
Our belt guides only seem to work with some seating positions, at some height settings...we've had no end to the frustration of them flipping closed at the wrong time.
Otherwise, we have loved ours, they ARE super super super comfy :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love mine too. When the roller is open, it is easy to put the belt in. I need 2 hands though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC