FYI 50 lb Graco Safeseat 2 due in March

Yoshi

I am so itching to get this seat, so I placed it in my shopping cart on Amazon and it says expected delivery March 2-22. So, even though Graco's CS had no idea about this seat, I think it DOES exist after all! :p With the top harness at 17" it's as tall as my Radian, so I will be selling my Decathlon then. She is very uncomfortable in it lately. So, if all goes according to plan, I'll offer my DC for sale on the swap board shortly thereafter. It has a Feb 2006 DOM, I believe. Tiffany cover.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cooooool! I hope all these competitors options spur Britax to get their act in gear and tweak their seats to be comfier and easier to use (sounds funny to say THAT, but man, they have some serious issues lately.. hard to use adjusters, crummy lockoffs, non-adjustable crotch straps...etc)

:)

skipspin

Oooh, if I have a girl I will be SO tempted to get your DC. Bad, bad, bad! Then I would just want a matching Parkway. Even more evil ;-).

Hopefully someone will buy if before I have my baby, then I won't be tempted at all.

Yoshi

You are SO funny- FWIW, it's in perfect condition, as we hardly used the Tiffany cover and switched to a MA cow cover for it. I'll give you a good price if you are willing to wait a bit- like a month and a half?

lunita

I just got back from Goore's (one of the places that had this seat listed online) and they say that the shipment of Safeseat 2's they'll be gettiing in March will not be the new design. They don't expect the 50 lb. version to be out until late this year.

Yoshi

I just got back from Goore's (one of the places that had this seat listed online) and they say that the shipment of Safeseat 2's they'll be gettiing in March will not be the new design. They don't expect the 50 lb. version to be out until late this year.

Then they better change their online description!!!! It specifically gives the new limits and they will be in a heap of you-know-what if they ship them with false advertising.

lunita

Then they better change their online description!!!! It specifically gives the new limits and they will be in a heap of you-know-what if they ship them with false advertising.

I know. They don't actually have ANY Safeseats 2's (old or new) on display at their brick and mortar store, just two at their outlet (old style, DOM 1/06, Blue Samba cover for $99) yet the website lets you put them in your cart, even a cool pink one that apparently doesn't exist yet?

hapaness

hmmm....how much would you sell your DC for? I think I'm gonna be needing a seat for my dd shortly but sadly..I cant afford a new one. :-(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

I think Goore's did change the SS2 description on their site to show the upper weight limit is 40 lbs. At least that's how the "Ionic" SS2 was showing up on Goore's site earlier this week.

Yoshi

I think Goore's did change the SS2 description on their site to show the upper weight limit is 40 lbs. At least that's how the "Ionic" SS2 was showing up on Goore's site earlier this week.

Maybe 'cuz I called Graco to ask them and mentioned the Goore's site. I cancelled my Amazon order anyway- I don't want to wait that long. But the DC will be for sale anyway- please wait until I post the listing in the Swap forum to Pm me, though!;)

lunita

I called and talked with Goores today to double check my info. They said that a Graco representative was there YESTERDAY and told them that they hadn't been able to get the new design completed/approved on time and the new seats would just be up to 40 lbs./43 inches... something about a 51 lb. test dummy. They're trying to get a seat with a 50lb limit out later this year. It'll probably be MUCH later in the year, and it may be a convertible since the FF-only seat concept didn't sell well.

Dillipop

Once it goes to 50, I think a ffing only seat would sell fine for them. That's just me, though. I bought the cargo just to ff to 40 pounds and would have gladly bought this one for up to 50. I also think it would be great for them to release a convertible with the high 17 inch slots, 50 pound ffing weight. But only if they raise the rfing weight to 33 or 35. 30 is just too low, IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC