Tall doll stroller for 5-year-old?

mom2juliarose

DD is getting a Bitty Baby for Christmas from her aunt... but the doll stroller we currently have (that is cheap--probably like $10) is so short DD hunches over when pushing it. Anyone know what brands are taller? I'm not sure we can afford a whole lot, though... I'm actually wondering if I should just get a cheap regular-sized umbrella stroller.

ADS

ckelly626

I bought my 3 year old niece a McLaren Doll Jogging stroller at BRU for my niece that had an adjustable handle that went high enough for her tall 7 year old to push it comfortably. I think it was around $30. Not too bad and the quality was really good. I can't find it on the website but it was in store. HTH

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
A chea regular umbrella is going to be the cheapest choice.
It's sad, isn't it? We just gave away our kids stroller because dd is also too tall. she LOVES pushing around my regular umbrella though. We DO have a "play" stroller that is bigger, but to be honest, I'm sure it was more than a regular umbrella.

xursusmaritimusx

I was going to suggest a reg cheap umbrella stroller as well. DD has always liked to play with that over a doll stroller!

she pushes her bears around at nanas house in it ;)

Kat_Momof3

you know what I'd do... get her one of those cheap umbrella strollers they make for real babies... they are so short it would be nice and tall for your daughter and give her grow room... probably last till she's 10.

ETA - okay... I got beat to the punch on suggesting it... but adding another reason for it... swivel wheels... a lot of doll strollers don't have them... which stinks.

all together ooky

Yup, a cheap umbrella stroller would be the best deal. We have a Graco doll stroller (looks like a miniature quattro tour) with basket underneath and reclining seat and swivel wheels that is quite tall.

acf77208.jpg

49a08a47-1.jpg

mom2juliarose

I found this one but am not sure I want to spend that $$ for it. DD isn't really into dolls much... I'm waiting to see if the Bitty Baby she gets changes that or not. Maybe THEN I might splurge for it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-00067979000000-Doll-Stroller/dp/B000FKCYAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1259956573&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Doll Stroller: Toys & Games[/ame]

HEVY

I got the double stroller at buybuybaby for $40 with the coupon for DD's Bitty twins. The height is great.

mykidsmom

I found this one but am not sure I want to spend that $$ for it. DD isn't really into dolls much... I'm waiting to see if the Bitty Baby she gets changes that or not. Maybe THEN I might splurge for it.

Amazon.com: Doll Stroller: Toys & Games

We have that one and we LOVE it!! It is a nice height. My 5.5 year old and 2 year old use it. some 2 year olds are too short for it. The wheels swivel, the seat reclines, the stroller folds for travel. The basket underneath is used too.

We also plan to get the double stroller from Buy Buy Baby for $40. I think the height of the chico is similar to the height of the Graco ones at Buy Buy Baby.

Madeline410

The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Doll-Caboose-Tandem-Stroller/dp/B000LEEBYQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1260199147&sr=1-3"]Joovy stroller[/ame] looks pretty tall. They have a pic comparing it to another doll stroller. The blue one is $40 right now on amazon.

flutie128

DS has this stroller but it is blue and he can still push it comfortably at 5.5. DD has a hard time pushing it because it is so tall and she is 19 months.
pTRU1-4875168reg.jpg

lovinwaves

ETA - okay... I got beat to the punch on suggesting it... but adding another reason for it... swivel wheels... a lot of doll strollers don't have them... which stinks.

The OP mentioned it in her very first post :whistle:

The Joovy stroller looks pretty tall. They have a pic comparing it to another doll stroller. The blue one is $40 right now on amazon.

$40 is a great price! We have that one, and it's uber tall, like too tall. My 5 year old is just now able to push it easily.

So that's my vote OP :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC