Do you guys seriously go to Babies R Us JUST to play with seats?

Well... I think you all have me in the cult now, I was thinking what to do with my baby sis this afternoon when she wakes up from her nap. My mom is out of town for 3 days so I'm staying at the house with her. She left me something to exchange at Bed Bath & Beyond and it just happens to be next to BRU :whistle:

I have never gone in there just to "play" so my question is- do you all seriously go in there to check out seats when you know you're not buying anything that day?

I am kind of shopping as I could sort of need another seat soon. I will be watching my sister a lot more in the coming months and sometimes I do have another child with me...lol- sometimes but hey, any excuse to buy a new seat! I won't bother trying anything in my car tonight but I would like to check out some other seats such as the MyRide, True fit and Radian- I know they have the MyRide...do they carry the others? I have a huge BRU here...it's not a little one.

I love, love, love the Roundabout and I'm on my second one as my other got used for years and was near expired. I knew there were other options when I bought another one but I take it in and out a lot and use it for different kids...fit's like a dream rear facing and forward facing in my Beetle and installs/adjusts so nicely... It will see my through a few years with my sis and I only paid $124 (with a promotion/coupon codes) on Diapers.com for this second one so I'm more than happy with it :love:. It is lght, easy to carry and we used it on the plane last month...it was substantially easier than the Boulevard to travel with! I'd be keeping the RA and the second seat I buy will be for 4-5 yr olds mainly. I'd prefer to keep them harnessed even if their parents have them in boosters and this coming summer the usual kids I watch will be out of the RA....plus I may have Olivia with me too and I'm not lugging the BLVD in and out...

Any other seats I should look at tonight? I am not interested in the Complete Air or Evenflo seats for many reasons...personal preference. Am I going to look like a complete wacko if I take comparison pics for you guys? I'm willing to as I know you enjoy them (as do I) :whistle:

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Let's put it this way... the ladies at BRU know me by name because i'm in there playing with seats every few weeks :whistle:

Cryssy Jane

Man I do daycare and my kiddos have new seats at my house about every 3-4 months. Although I've had my first xt for a whole 6 months!! :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have played at Bergstroms in the LA area, Buy Buy Baby in Salt Lake and BRU in Portland. So, um, yeah.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes. And BRU is half an hour away. I also go to USA Baby now and then but I do leave business cards there. ;)

I've been as bad as you guys are with seats with strollers...I actually couldn't tell you how many I've had. I get bored! I don't even have kids and I've probably had close to 10-if not more nanny strollers over the last few years. The funny thing is when I buy them I get such great deals online that I've sold them all for about the same as what I paid for them :love: ...they are always in brand new condition though...I take great care of stuff. We should start stroller.org! Anyone else on here have a fascination with fun strollers?

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I'm not even a CPST, and usually when Ds and I run errands and have time to kill before picking up the girls, we will go into BRU and play with the carseats. I'll put him in different ones on their car bench thing they have there and take pics :rolleyes: DH thinks I'm drinking the special koolaid, but w/e... it's fun! :whistle:

carseatfreak

LOL! I haven't been stalking these boards in awhile b/c dd moved to the GN and she's 5 and we just weren't in any transitions. With twins on the way again I've been lurking more. But, back to question, YES. Our BRU is 1 1/2 hours away but we are down there from time to time and I love to go in and stalk all the seats. There are a lot we don't have available where I am (I had to go to this particular BRU to get my girly GN and my MA (5 years ago...weren't available at all here) before anyone close to us had it). My friends laugh that if I get approached by an employee I start 'schooling' them! I love carseats...I just can't help it! Even at Target (most seats of any stores around here) I always walk down the aisle just to check them out and feel them (I'm weird). :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

I've been as bad as you guys are with seats with strollers...I actually couldn't tell you how many I've had. I get bored! I don't even have kids and I've probably had close to 10-if not more nanny strollers over the last few years. The funny thing is when I buy them I get such great deals online that I've sold them all for about the same as what I paid for them :love: ...they are always in brand new condition though...I take great care of stuff. We should start stroller.org! Anyone else on here have a fascination with fun strollers?

There is one, it is on Yahoogroups, called strollerswap:love::whistle: I can't even think about parting with any of mine, and I really have alot:whistle:

I'm not even a CPST, and usually when Ds and I run errands and have time to kill before picking up the girls, we will go into BRU and play with the carseats. I'll put him in different ones on their car bench thing they have there and take pics :rolleyes: DH thinks I'm drinking the special koolaid, but w/e... it's fun! :whistle:

HAHAHA "special koolaid" lol...it's ok, I understand you!

What the hell is it with seats and strollers? why do I care/we care? I myself don't even get it but I think I get more excited over a new baby product than I do in a Macy's. We should all get together and create a car seat and stroler line! haha if only it were that easy... can you imagine the products the minds on this board could design? I think we would put every other brand out of business! :whistle:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I do. And I think it's perhaps worse when I do because I go in on my days off just so I can have uninterrupted time to stand there and read the manual. :cool: I do get bugged a bit by my co-workers that I'm in there on my days off. ;)

I don't usually play with the same seats repeatedly though... I play with a new one when it comes in, get to know all of it's features and quirks as best I can, read the manual, put a kid in it if I can, and then don't feel the need to put my kids in there again... then again, I help other people choose what seat to buy when I'm at work, so I get to see plenty of kids in the different seats. :thumbsup:

zactayaus

I've actually met up with other members on this board to play car seats at Buy Buy Baby.:p So yeah, I'm way guilty.

swtgi1982

Guilty as accused! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I go in there all the time. The guy that works (I do not think he likes me much anymore, I think I sold more seats to people who just walk up to me then he has) I do not think he likes me. He sees me and just walks away!:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Some of his advice is so sub-par it is crazy. I usually just try to help out other mothers if they look confused. But usually I am just in there playing with seats with one of my kids.

Mothers seem to trust another mother more then him apparently for advice!;);)

Heather86

Yeah....I make a 45 min drive a few times a month and go to bru to "play car seats" as Connor calls it lol But he wants to do it ! Every time we pass a car seat isle in any store he says "oh mom lets try this one"

Everyone thinks I've taken leave of my sanity lol :thumbsup:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have, but I also don't think it's that weird.

I feel it's part of my job to know as much as I can about the different seats out there, and what better way than to visit them in person?

But even putting the job aside, don't people typically inspect things/try them out before they buy? If I'm looking to buy a fridge or a mattress or something, I'm likely to go to the store to check them out at least once before I purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC