The MR has joined my collection (pic's)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So I gave in to my "need" to have a MR last night and bought one.

Ds has about 2" room to go rf'ing and he will be using it in the truck until spring when he'll most likely be turned ff'ing.

Dd is pretty much even with the top slots in the house, so I'm guessing that once installed she'd probably be slightly over them. She is well over the top harness position of the Blvd and fits the MA about the same way. (Although she's had a torso growth spurt since I last had her in the MA in store.) She uses the top slots of the Nautilus, and was an inch away from the top slots on the Radian. She has about 1/2" growing room in the EFTA. (Just to give you some comparison ideas of how she fits in different seats.)

Here is the album with the link to pictures: http://tinypic.com/a/1gbvc/2 I'm in Canada, which is why there is a picture there showing the mandatory top tether ff'ing.

The seat has a minimum ff'ing weight limit of 22lbs in Canada, and the requirement that the child be able to walk unassisted in addition to at least 1yr of age.

No pic's of the seat installed yet, I'll do that later on and probably get pictures tomorrow. It's getting dark earlier now and pictures are never as good in the dark. ;)

Ds:
Seat is in upright position in this picture and the next
xnao2r.jpg

What he did when I asked him to put his legs up, lol.
whjfiq.jpg

245k9rc.jpg

Head room:
2zrksoy.jpg

Dd: (note that this picture contains misuse - she is 44lbs so the harness strap covers would need to be removed if she was actually using the seat.)

21q1ok.jpg

Shoulders:
6ejghz.jpg

She definitely has much more leg support than in the MA or BLVD where her knees jut out quite a bit beyond the edge of the seat.

ADS

steph_s

The seat has a minimum ff'ing weight limit of 22lbs in Canada, and the requirement that the child be able to walk unassisted in addition to at least 1yr of age.

Well that is a silly rule! My nephew is 8 months old and just started walking a few days ago. He is 23lbs (BIG BOY!) so according to Canada he can ff at 1 year old. :thumbsdown: What on earth does walking have anything to do with being able to ff and rf? Sounds to me like they heard about the rumor of "if they can sit up they can go ff" and took it 1 step further.

snowbird25ca

Well that is a silly rule! My nephew is 8 months old and just started walking a few days ago. He is 23lbs (BIG BOY!) so according to Canada he can ff at 1 year old. :thumbsdown: What on earth does walking have anything to do with being able to ff and rf? Sounds to me like they heard about the rumor of "if they can sit up they can go ff" and took it 1 step further.

Eh, I look at it as just one more thing that has to be met and in many cases it will extend the time that kids are rf'ing. According to any North American country he can ff at 1yr old, so it really doesn't have anything to do with Canada or the US. ;)

My kids didn't walk until around 18mos. Dd wasn't 22lbs then, but ds was 22lbs probably 3 months or so before he started walking.

And I think the 22lbs is better than 20lbs. That will make a difference for lots of kids too. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Not necessarily. From what I've heard with the MyRide kids usually gain room once installed.

Hmm, so maybe I need to install it ff'ing just to see then, is that what you're saying? :p ;)

As an aside, ds just buckled up the chest clip on the seat and is trying to do up the buckle. He just got frustrated with it and proclaimed "Aaaahck, this booster seat is too hard!" :ROTFLMAO: (Don't ask me why he thinks it's a booster seat, we don't even have a booster in the house..)

Dd just walked up to him and asked what he was doing and he says "I'm trying to put the carseat together and I couldn't"

featherhead

Hmm, so maybe I need to install it ff'ing just to see then, is that what you're saying? :p ;)

As an aside, ds just buckled up the chest clip on the seat and is trying to do up the buckle. He just got frustrated with it and proclaimed "Aaaahck, this booster seat is too hard!" :ROTFLMAO: (Don't ask me why he thinks it's a booster seat, we don't even have a booster in the house..)

Dd just walked up to him and asked what he was doing and he says "I'm trying to put the carseat together and I couldn't"

Doesn't hurt to try:D

That's hilarious!

amyd

Huh?? Why the thumbsdown for Canada? The US says he can FF at 1 yr, no walking required:confused: As Trudy said, it actually keeps many kiddos RFing longer. A walking 8 month old is not the norm.

Spam

Cute kids! A didn't start walking until 15 months so that would have made him stay rfing in Canada, when I could have turned at 1 as he was already 28lbs.

steph_s

I guess I just feel if they are going to go above and beyond with 1 year, 22lbs, and walking then why not just go all the way and say "keep your kid rf in our seat until they outgrow it in height or weight then you can flip them".

snowbird25ca

Why do the shoulder pads need to be removed at a certain weight?

My *guess* would be that it's related to chest G's and head excursion given the way the warning is worded.

For us it's never going to matter because there's no way ds will hit 40lbs before outgrowing the seat by height both rf'ing and ff'ing... his torso is taller than dd's was at this age, and he's not any heavier than she was at this age.

eta: I installed the seat ff'ing but didn't bother trying dd in it. It is so amazingly reclined ff'ing in our truck that it's not even funny. Honestly due to the contouring and headrest issues in our truck, the seat is barely compatible ff'ing. If we do use it ff'ing though, it will be used in the car at that point anyways, so it's not an issue at any rate.

simplychels

I guess I just feel if they are going to go above and beyond with 1 year, 22lbs, and walking then why not just go all the way and say "keep your kid rf in our seat until they outgrow it in height or weight then you can flip them".

I think this seat having the new rules on it is awesome! all of my tech handouts and brochures state the 1 and 22lbs and walking rule. bolded, multiple times. now to have a seat reinforce that will IMO only create more time when parents feel they have to keep their child rf'ing. and it makes my "job" easier.

So many people still are going by 1 and 20, or no actually they go by 1 OR 20. The more places the new rules are advertised, the better.

Im quite impressed with this seat right now. No posted inch height limit, and the new rules. yup Way To Go GRACO!

Kat_Momof3

I think he's so cute... as for the booster seat thing... other countries call everything after the infant seat booster seats... and then call what we call booster seats booster cushions.

So maybe he's just being European?

Either way... I love love love the one with his knees folded and his feet together... just makes me want to cuddle him and give him kisses on his cheeks... but you can do that for me... lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC