Infant Seat Help and More...

carseatfreak

I am expecting twins in March. My dd will be 6 in February. She is plenty tall (not sure off hand) and is 46+ lbs (sits just perfect in a booster when needed). She rides in a GN in both vehicles. I am just stumped on what infant seats to get. I would like one of the higher weight infant seats so that I can have the convenience of them longer (that's horrible...but I remember that stage where we switched dd to her MA and I had no idea what to do with her at the restaraunt...store...etc).

So, what are your suggestions. We drive an 08 Odyssey (dh will be switching vehicles soon after they are born so I'm not concerned about fit in his vehicle) and I would LOVE to be able to put all three in the center (dd loves to be close to us...and I hate the idea of putting her in the back by herself at least at first). We are getting a stroll-air myduo stroller and I am pretty sure that the majority of infant seats will work with it...so I'm just looking for the safest, most recommended and that's where I know you guys/gals are all good!! I also have to consider the 'twin' part and that they have the possiblity to be on the smaller side.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

ADS

firemomof3

I would recommend the Chicco Keyfit 30 or the Safety First Onboard 35
I don't know about fitting 3 across though, unless you have a skinny booster for the middle seat like the Parkway :confused:
HUGE congrats on your twins that are coming!! :love:

Calleiah

Typically the Chicco is going to be a top contender because it fits very small babies really well, has terrific infant padding that supports them properly and allows for infants 4lbs-30. The Gracos dont necessarily fit small babies very well.

henrietta

I'd do the Safety First OnBoard, b/c not only does it fit preemies, have a high weight limit of 35 lbs, and a tall shell, but it also is very narrow. There was someone w/triplets on the board that had 3 of these across! So, that would definitely be my choice. And they are cheaper than the Chicco, which is great when buying 2 plus 2 extra bases!

Congrats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC