In Keeping with the Sesame Street theme, 1973 Strolee!

classicseats

My latest seat, 1973 Strolee model 592. Like new with the original box and label. It's bigger than I thought it would be. 50 lbs and 48 inch max. The head rest and armrest can be adjusted for taller children. Sorry Dave!

ADS

Maedze

Very nice. That looks like the same model that was performing so dismally in the CR tests from a few decades back. Is it?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
50 lbs and 48 inch max. The head rest and armrest can be adjusted for taller children.

Wow, at 49 lbs. and 49.5", my 8.5YO DS would have just outgrown this seat. Can you imagine the flak a mom would have gotten for keeping her 8.5YO harnessed back in the 70s? :p

zactayaus

I believe that is the seat I had as a little one. I was born in 1972 and my mom has pics. It was nice that they actually purchased a seat for me since I had been riding in the front with my parents since the day I was brought home from the hospital in nothing. I do distinctly remember being in an accident with it. I was about 3yo. My parents never bothered to buckle me into the seat or the seat into the car.:rolleyes: Thank goodness it was a low impact crash. I hit the seat in front of me with the side of my face and had a nice bruise to show everyone after all was said and done.

classicseats

Is that a high chair?? WOW!!

It's a car seat! Amazing any of us "older" members are still alive. At least we could see out the windows. Like Zactayaus said, I'm guessing most seats of this style were grossly misused back in the day.

courtfrog2

When you say "50lbs and 48 inch max" That's the size of the actual seat right? Not how big a child can be to go in it.

Oh... and where are the installed pictures? :D

classicseats

When you say "50lbs and 48 inch max" That's the size of the actual seat right? Not how big a child can be to go in it.

Oh... and where are the installed pictures? :D

No dear, That is the size and weight limit of the child! I think most everyone here has had about enough old seats. Maybe I can do an install photo.

BabyGearCollector

My latest seat, 1973 Strolee model 592. Like new with the original box and label. It's bigger than I thought it would be. 50 lbs and 48 inch max. The head rest and armrest can be adjusted for taller children. Sorry Dave!

Man, how did I ever miss this thread!!?? Very nice Strolee seat you have there, classicseats! Seeing you finding this nice one gives me more hope of finding the vintage Strolee I'm looking for. :) BTW, where did you happen to find this car seat treasure, if I might ask?

Oh, and please excuse me digging up an old thread from '09. I just got overly excited finding a missed topic on vintage Strolees from the '70s.;)

Dave

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC