Vintage Sesame Street song with vintage car seat

thepote

Car seat shown twice...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYX__GwDs0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYX__GwDs0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

ADS

Maedze

Oh, I knew exactly what this was going to be when I read the thread title.

The car seat scene scared the stuffing out of me when I was wee.....I thought the car was moving with no one driving it :eek: And the construction worker dozing on the I-beams? Gave me a near stroke at the age of 3.

I love the unmarried hippies sleeping in the VW bus!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I remember that one, too!

We had a seat like that, and when I was about 5, I asked my mom if we could put it back in the car because I wanted to try sleeping sitting up like the boy in that video.

She said no, and I continued to lie down on the back seat when I wanted to sleep. (With a lap belt secured around me, of course. Wouldn't want to be unsafe.)

Kaede's_Mom

Somewhere in my old VHS tapes I have the bedtime stories one from the early 90's and it has that one on it. Yeah we still own and watch VHS from time to time:whistle:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I used to have that car seat....

And sleep? What is sleep?? I haven't had sleep in..... I don't know how long..

brightredmtn

Oh, I knew exactly what this was going to be when I read the thread title.

The car seat scene scared the stuffing out of me when I was wee.....I thought the car was moving with no one driving it :eek: And the construction worker dozing on the I-beams? Gave me a near stroke at the age of 3.

I love the unmarried hippies sleeping in the VW bus!

All of that!

Kat_Momof3

I remember that video from my childhood... and hey, that, along with the video showing different ways people eat (one of them showing a baby nursing) were really good for the time they were made.

mommy2jasmine

Me too. I remember both. I loved old Sesame Street. I have TRIED to watch newer ones, but they're just not the same. I think you can buy all the old ones on Amazon, but if I remember right it says "for adult use only" :eek: what!?

I remember that video from my childhood... and hey, that, along with the video showing different ways people eat (one of them showing a baby nursing) were really good for the time they were made.

ckleiber

Cool video I drove my parents crazy watching the old Sesame Street shows as a kid the newer ones are just not the same.;)

Joyofbirth

My dd1 said that's a weird car seat. That kid doesn't even look safe, they aren't any straps on him. dd2 said play it again, again , again.

jess71903

Ambassador
I remember that one! Cool! I may have to try to find them on Amazon so my kids can know the "real" Sesame Street!

obamamama

How do you know the hippies are unmarried? LOL

I think I saw a few people faking sleep in that video. Wonder how they did it? Was it clips sent in or was it all filmed at the same time?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC