Monterey vs. Monterey?

The Bjorns

I want to order a Monterey but I'm wondering which is the most current one. On EliteCarSeats they have one listed as the 2009 Monterey and one listed just the Monterey. I thought that the newest version had a slight curve to the color pattern, but that's the one listed as just the Monterey. The straight across color is listed as the 2009 Monterey. Help! Which is the most current version?

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'd call them to be sure, but I'm guessing the more expensive is the newest one.

ETA: And that, folks, is what happens when you leave a window open then go cook dinner and help your kid with their homework and fail to refresh before replying!

Kat_Momof3

I wanna say they have a 7yr lifespan... but I'm trying to verify that or prove it wrong... so don't quote me YET.

I doubt there were any changes made since the limits haven't changed and SKJP has been BIG on announcing every little change and renaming the seat in some way when doing so (at least with the Radian 65, Radian 80, Radian XT, Radian XTSL, Radian 80SL, Radian 65SL, and goodness knows what will be next)

featherhead

I thought they had changed the seat a little bit, made it slope upwards (towards the knees) to help prevent submarining. Can't remember where I read it though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC