What slots did your NB come home in with the Keyfit 30?

cryswilkins

How big was your LO, and what slots did they use on the ride home from the hospital? I am trying to decide if I should move them up now or leave them. TIA!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
A lot of babies are on the 2nd ones b/c of the massive insert, but they need the bottom once that's out at 11# so I'd just leave them at the bottom.

featherhead

DD2 came home on the bottom slots, but it should have been the middle slots. I moved them up once we got home, and she fit much better. It's not that difficult to change the harness height, so I would say if the newborn's shoulders are above the second slot, definitely move them up. It's much easier when the straps don't go way below the shoulders when the baby is still tiny.

oxeye

DS was 8lb4oz and 21". He was on the bottom slots with the insert for at least 6 weeks I believe.

mommyof3tx

My youngest was 7lbs 6oz at birth, 6lbs 13oz at 24hrs when we left the hospital, he was on the bottom slots for awhile, can't remember exactly how long though

Jennifer mom to my 7

Second slots, and stayed in them even after the insert was out:D But he is very long torsoed and probably could have come home in the boulevard. He was 8 15 at birth and 21 inches (at 37 weeks 3 days). Spent a week in NICU.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I didn't use one but tried my third in one at 1 week old and she would have been on the second (close to the third.) But like Jennifer mine could have come home in a Britax seat-- she was born with a 10 inch-ish torso, half of her length, literally, was torso!

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
dd was 6 lbs 13 oz and came home with it on the bottom slots, but within about a week they needed to be moved up. then she stayed even with the 2nd slots when it was time to lose the insert.

christineka

My dd was 8 pounds and used the bottom slots at birth. (Born at home, so didn't have to come home.) Then, you all know about my kids and their short torsos.

Oh, and only last week I put the harness in the second slots.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
DD2 was 5 lbs. 15 oz. and 20" when she came home from the hospital. I had her on the bottom slots, but she should have been on the second slots (and I moved them up a couple days later).

essnce629

Homebirth-- so no ride home!

DS2 was 8lbs 10oz and 22" long and needed the straps on the second slot from birth. Even when we took the infant insert out he still needed them on the second slot. He just turn 6 months old and his shoulders are almost even with the top slots so it looks like we'll be moving them up soon. I think he has a long torso.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC