Carry-on bag that will fit the Safeguard Go

niccig

And yes, I know that the GO has it's own bag. We just got back from visiting family, and the GO worked out great, except that DH HATES the bag it comes with. He couldn't lengthen the strap as long as he wanted, and you can't attach your own strap - the carry strap is sewn on to one end of the bag, no where to clip a strap onto the bag.

So, I'm now hunting for a bag that will fit the GO and let us clip on our own carrying strap. I don't want to check the GO as I don't think it will hold up well to baggage claim, unless I put it in a suitcase, and I prefer to carry it on the plane.

Thanks.

ADS

twinsmom

Sorry - I don't have an answer. But I wanted to ask you - you took the GO as a carry-on? I guess you put it in the overhead? That worked out okay?

niccig

Yes, it fit in the overhead bin. I was a little worried as DH, DS and I each had a backpack. I know you can take 1 carry-on and one person item like a purse, but my backpack is bigger than a purse. But then I saw all the people with huge rolling bags and duffle bags plus back packs, and we had much less than them.

The only problem is the strap. The GO is light enough, but the strap was too short for DH to carry it comfortably over his shoulder, and even I had trouble and I'm much shorter. If we could clip our own carrying strap to the bag, it would be fine. I'm going to test out our smaller bags, and I might stop by the army surplus store and some luggage stores to see if I can find a bag that is similar in size to the GO's travel bag.

niccig

I might have a solution. There is a luggage repair store near DS's school. I'm going to take the GO carry bag in and see how much it would cost to sew 2 d-rings onto the bag, so I can use one of our shoulder straps. It shouldn't be difficult and hopefully not too much money, and it will keep DH from complaining about the bag.

ETA. I took the bag in today, and it will cost $15 to sew on the d-rings. I'm in LA, so it's probably cheaper elsewhere in the country.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC