I need books that talk about ERF

libranbutterfly

Anyone know of any? I am doing a persuasive paper for English on the benifits of extended rear facing, but my teacher doesn't trust all of the info on the internet, so she wants me to have two book resources :rolleyes: and one magazine resource. I have a Parents mag with an article that mentions ERF, but if anyone has something better, that would work. I don't have to use the info from the books so it is ok if it is info I already know or found in another source. She just wants us to use more that one source of info. Thanks!

ADS

Evolily

Could a reference from a peer reviewed journal replace the book references?

You can go to the research from WAY (50's?) back that determined astronauts should ride backwards because it's the best way their bodies can sustain the G forces. I'm sure you can find some books on the early space program that talks about it.

libranbutterfly

I don't know. I think I am going to talk to her about it today. I can get the AAP reccomendation online, and I am using some info from car-seat.se, I just don't know wat to do about books. Good idea about the astronauts. I already mentioned it breifly in the rough draft, so that would be great :)

libranbutterfly

Bumping this up because I need 1 more BIG resource (replacing a "book" spot)

Teacher said that these would be fine, but to keep looking for a book on the subject.

Thanks

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
There are several sources such as Injury Prevention & the AAP journal; both are peer-reviewed journals. Your college library will have access to a search of journals that will have those & more :)

Mom2FiveGirls

I just finished (well, its due Thursday so I think I'm finished...) a paper for my argument based research class and my topic was car seat laws needing to be more strict. I talked about ERFing, harnessing past 4 years/40 lbs, and boostering past 8 years/80 lbs. I could not find any actual books. We were supposed to have at least one book as a resource, but I talked to my teacher and he said he wasn't shocked that I wasn't having much luck finding anything since its a rather new topic so I could just add an extra internet or periodical resource...thank goodness! I know I didn't have much luck finding anything! Good luck! I hope you are able to find something.

Jan06twinmom

I don't exactly where you would find a resource, but in the military the position to sit on a plane during a possible crash is rear-facing.

I would think that resources that looks at crash dynamics and how human bodies are impacted by the crash might help.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC