talk to me about carriers... again

ADS

Chex

That's the cocoa butterfly. I like that one. :D I don't love all her prints, but she does have some really pretty ones.

Cryssy Jane

Ok so I bought the beco 4th gen and low and behold it was from a member that's on here... rodentranger. She was like hi i'm jessi is that a coccoro? sorry i'm a bit of a carseat nerd... I was like I :love: it. So my question is, it didn't come with instructions or anything and there's this little ring attached to a strap (can't take pictures it's in the wash) towards the belt part of the beco, what is it and what do I do with it? I'm going to try it out but I think I may want the butterfly version...

Chex

That strap is for when you fold it up. You roll it down and wrap the strap around it to secure it. Does that make sense?

Cryssy Jane

That strap is for when you fold it up. You roll it down and wrap the strap around it to secure it. Does that make sense?

Ahhh That makes sense. I was trying to figure out how to use it as a seat belt for baby. :p That makes a lot more sense. It's just about ready to get out of the wash, then I'll hang that baby to dry and play with it on monday! I was thinking that I'd want the part to separate baby and person, but then I was thinking I don't have that on my ergo and I do just fine without it.

Pixels

Zactayaus (or anyone else who has a BB2), can you show me what the butterfly part looks like? Like, put your son in it, but don't put it on.

I went to a store last night to try out the BB2, but I misread the website and they don't have it in store, they only take orders for it. I was able to try out the Ergo and liked it. I could hardle feel DD back there. Then she tried to throw herself out, and I felt her doing that, but I didn't feel at all like she was in any danger of succeeding. :thumbsup: But the Beco has a higher back and I'm thinking that will help as she grows and tries to throw herself off, so I still don't know which one I want.

zactayaus

Zactayaus (or anyone else who has a BB2), can you show me what the butterfly part looks like? Like, put your son in it, but don't put it on.

I can take pics for you in about an hour. I'm waiting for someone to come look at DS2's bed that I have listed on craigslist and they should be here soon. I'll take pics after they leave.

zactayaus

Sorry it took so long. Things just got way too crazy here. DS2 threw up all over himself (he doesn't have a fever and feels fine now:shrug-shoulders:). I had to strip him down in the bathtub. Lady came and took bed. Cable guy came to fix our internet problem. Baby screaming to be fed. Ugh.

Any way here ya go.

HouseDec2009043.jpg

HouseDec2009045.jpg

Pixels

Thanks very much. No problems about the wait, I didn't even see your first post until just now, and I scrolled down and got instant pictures. :)

cpsaddict

Pics? Any of it in use? Please? :D

Not the greatest pics, but here ya go:

DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

DD was 4mths and SO not ready for a back carry. I do not cross the straps in back. I use the chest strap and wear it just like the Ergo. There is a padded waist attachment for use when doing a back carry.

InternationalMama

I think the Beco would be great if you have a kid who tries to throw herself out. You can't really see it in the pics, but the black straps in the pics (at the side) end up coming over the top of the kids legs once the carrier is on, so it really isn't possible to throw yourself out. I've fallen over with my kid and he's stayed in. :thumbsup:

Also, those extra set of clips on the straps are to clip the infant insert to you when you have it in. I think the Beco 4th generation has an infant insert that is always attached to the carrier, but the Butterfly has one that comes out. Or maybe that's the difference between the Butterfly and the Butterfly 2? Anyway, the BB2 has an infant insert that is removable and then reattaches with velcro and those clips on the straps.

zactayaus

I think the Beco 4th generation has an infant insert that is always attached to the carrier, but the Butterfly has one that comes out. Or maybe that's the difference between the Butterfly and the Butterfly 2? Anyway, the BB2 has an infant insert that is removable and then reattaches with velcro and those clips on the straps.

As far as I know the 4th gen doesn't have an infant insert. The BB1 has an infant insert that is permanetly attached and the BB2 has a removable infant insert.

Cryssy Jane

I bought the 4th gen beco. We'll stick with that for a bit to see if we like it before gathering more. Thanks for the heads up though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC