Marathon vs MyRide

Maggie

I haven't bought a new seat in awhile. :whistle:

DD2 is getting squished in her Marathon. She's really been complaining about the lack of leg room. She's also broad shouldered and seems so squished lately.

She is 2.5, 27lbs and I want to say 36" tall, though I'm not sure. She has plenty of room in her Marathon still.

Would the MyRide give her more leg room RF? How's the shoulder space compared to the MA?

I'm thinking I'd like to get the MR for DD2 to RF in and give DD3 the Marathon. I'm getting sick of the infant seat.

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

Here is my DD at 2.5 years in the MR:

CompleteAir009.jpg

She is skinny, and has narrow shoulders, so she had plenty of room. I know everyone says this seat fits chubbier kids well, but it seemed like a broad-shouldered kiddo may not be too comfortable with the way the sides are.

Maggie

Thanks for the picture. I think I'll just take a trip to BRU tomorrow. I tried today but it was crazy with Christmas shopping.

She's :love:

armywife12

I don't have any pics right now to show you but we went from the Marathon to the MyRide when Caleb was 22 months old and reached 33lbs. He had much more leg room than in the Marathon and he actually had a tiny bit more growing room in the MyRide than in the Marathon, about .5 inch or so. I think the shoulder space is the same but the MyRide may appear smaller because it has deeper sides. I know I've measured it before and I want to say it is the same but I'm not 100% and I no longer have the Marathon for comparison pics

Mommy2Marcus

The My Ride has tons more room. Marcus is 3 years old & still have plently of room. He has to bend his legs, but that is no big deal. Here is a picture of him RF in the MR at 3 years & a month. Ignore the grumpy face, he did NOT want to play car seats that day!
Leg Room
001-13.jpg

Shoulder room
006-12.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC