• Fully reclined

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Middle setting

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Changes based on... (explain)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

cmm7

What recline setting do you have your seat in? Why? I had it upright until this weekend. I took it out to wash the cover and decided to install it in the middle setting; just because. I had never really thought about it until then.

What does everyone else do? Do those of you who have it reclined notice a difference? I don't, but C hasn't been in it yet.

ADS

NannyMom

I always install the GNs fully upright. I find it often gets tighter that way. I did try installing J's GN reclined last time, and it didn't look any different than upright, but it did move a tad more (I usually get it rock solid).

zactayaus

Fully reclined for two reasons. One to match the recline of my seat backs and second to help with head slump.

libranbutterfly

Depends. I installed in my dads ven fully reclined because it was a long trip. My car typically middle because it installs best that way, Hubby's blazer fully upright. I dont really see much difference it the recline though.

xursusmaritimusx

fully reclined only to help with the install. DH's scion xb, the seats are slightly sloped and it fits better that way.
installed its not reclined.

SoccerMom

depends on the car.
full recline in the Audi, no recline in the Saab. Just installs better that way.
He seems to have slightly less head slump when reclined.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's either upright or middle recline, I'm not sure off the top of my head what it is right now.

In my vehicles it makes so little difference that I don't pay much attention to it. :eek:

Splash

Totally reclined, and I am almost positive I only have two settings. Does it really have three? All of them?

rachandsoph

It was fully reclined to help with the horrendous head slump(which it did not!). I need to reinstall in the morning and I'll likey just install fully upright this time.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Actually, i think mine is in the middle, but we use middle and fully reclined, my seats slope back and it fits better that way.
Splash..ya, I'm pretty sure they are all supposed to have 3 settings. But..it's like 1/2 inch difference, lol......you could easily not realize the middle setting was there...or else maybe yours is broken?

BabyKaykes

Changes based on....

My car has flat seats and a fairly straight back. So it's fully reclined

Dad's car has super bucket seats (convertible) so it's not reclined at all.

cmm7

Ah, that makes sense that people would recline it to match their seat angle. I installed it in the middle setting and C rode in it today for the first time that way. He didn't sleep so I didn't get a chance to check out headslump. But it does give him less shoulder room. That is a trick to remember for the awkward needs higher slot but they're so far above their shoulders times.

amjbmommy

all the way reclined in a Ford Windstar captains chair... it helps w/ head slump when ds#3 sleeps. It also seems easier for him to climb into/get into position himself. I thought there were only 2 settings as well... reclined or not :confused:

Kat_Momof3

fully reclined... I can fit it at any setting, but fully reclined gives us the least chance of head flopping.

G8r4evr

Is it just me or is there very little difference between the reclines? I believe DD's is fully upright though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC