New TB

Simplysomething

Well, Target has Turboboosters onsale for 39.99. I needed another one for my mothers car, so we went and got one. The only one on the shelf, thankfully it wasn't the butterfly one (though I wouldn't mind it, my son does).

It's a different pattern than the other one..well, print? Cover? It's the same coloring (black and grey), but this one is called "pierson" and the one we have is called "sport". The difference seems to be that this one has shinier material or something.

I have to get his other one out of my mothers car, I guess, to compare. I just left it in there because I had to assemble the dang thing. I'll probably keep the shiny one in her car, because I dunno.

The girl one was really cute, but they were all out. The last time we went booster shopping last year, walmart and kmart were having a sale--and walmart had no high backs, and kmart was all out of the boy ones, and we ended up at target anyway. lol

Yeah, I feel kinda dorky telling about my graco purchase, but oh well. lol

I went there with my mom, my 6 year old and the 22 month old. At one point, we'd split up and the 6 year old went to the video games section with my mom...and I was pushing around the cart with the big ole box in it and I wondered if anyone would assume that the booster was being purchased for the baby. lol

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was pushing around the cart with the big ole box in it and I wondered if anyone would assume that the booster was being purchased for the baby. lol

LOL!

COngrats on the new booster purchase! $40 is a great price! :)

I laughed when I read about you pushing the cart around with the booster box and your baby. LOL. I would wonder if anyone would assume you were buying it for the baby too. :)

LOL, but that brings up the point that it's good to not jump to conclusions if I were to see another person in a similar situation... :)

How often does your ds ride in Gramma's car, out of curiosity?

Simplysomething

Patriot, if someone would have said anything to me about it (which would have been cool actually. lol), I would have told them, YES, it's for the baby. He's very mature for his age. (So what if he's under the minimum for both age and weight. lol).

Chaotic, I don't actually know how much he rides in her car, not very often. But enough that it makes sense to have another seat. We do all live together, so I've been just moving his booster from car to car he went anywhere with her. The few times she's had to bring him somewhere and I had the booster in my car, she's used his old cargo. Now, we don't have to worry about it, it's already there.

Now, I don't have to worry about leaving it in her car when she isn't home. I did that last week and I was happy I didn't have to pick him up from school or anything, because I LOATH using the cargo in booster mode. I got in the car to go to work and realized I didn't have it! Luckily DS1 was at school (via large yellow-orange bus).

We already have another seat for the baby in her car (another scenera).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC