Is the blue bouqeut regent super girly?

remken

Someone posted that someplace had the blue regent on sale and I need to get one for my son.

I've looked at the online pics. but I can't tell what the blue deisign in the middle is.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wouldn't say it is super girly. When you see it in person, it definitely has a floral pattern in the center, but it isn't "super girly." Some boys (and some girls, for that matter) might not like the floral in the center.

It definitely isn't "girly" like the Brooke pattern is "girly." :)

katemass

I have a couple of these blue bouquet Regents for my 3 1/2 year old girl/boy twins. I bought them because they were the only pattern I could get on sale at the time (this was in October, just before the Kyle video sparked the big run on Regents). It wasn't worth it to me to pay $40 more for a more straightforwardly gender neutral pattern. The pattern in the middle is a sort of swirly floral one, but somewhat abstract and understated. My son loves his but I guess I should say that I work pretty hard not to make a big deal about girlish vs. boyish stuff with them, and they tend to love the same things. Your mileage may vary. If you want, I could try to post a close up picture of the floral pattern tomorrow.

Kate

Tara

I'd say it's pretty darn girly. Not pink and lacey girly, but right next to it kind of girly. I think the girliest you can get without being pink or lavender.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I work pretty hard not to make a big deal about girlish vs. boyish stuff with them, and they tend to love the same things.

That's cool!! We do the same thing in our family (extended and immediate). My niece received trucks, dolls, building blocks, and dress-ups (among other things) for Christmas this year. Her dress-ups included a princess dress, a bridal gown, a red cape, a fire-fighter outfit with hat, a doctor/dentist/vet coat with stethoscope, a construction worker/miner outfit with hat, a pirate outfit with hat, and a couple others that I can't remember. As you can see, the things she received were very gender-neutral. :) The kids in my family (immediate and extended) are being raised with the message that there are no gender-specific rules/toys/careers/etc. :)

I'm glad your kids are enjoying their Regents. :)

LuvBug

we do the same, we dont stress gender stereotypes. I have always just followed where ever my personal taste takes me and I want DS to do the same.
Anyway I wouldnt have a problem putting DS in it. If I had had to pick between the BB, onyx, or sahara I would have gotten the BB(but I got the classic). Ive seen close up pics of it, never in real life. And while I can see the flowers in it in the close up, when the child is sitting there and you arent looking for it... I cant really see them. They wouldnt bother me at all. It is the lightness that would bug me, it would definitely get very dirty for us.

remken

I don't usually push boy or girl types to much either.

I just didn't want something supergirly though.
So hopefully if its still in stock tomorrow I'll order it.

katemass

Hooray for avoiding gender stereotypes. I did it with my older son too, but I find it both more important and harder with girl/boy twins. People often mistake my twin son for a girl (his hair is on the long side for a boy) and he's taken to saying, "excuse me, but I'm a boy." It's pretty cute.

Kate

remken

I showed him an online pic. So far he doesn't like it. Alot of that has to do with him not liking change though I think. He had a the gray radian and the windowpane wizard wich is grey also.

I'm hoping once he sees it though he gets used to it.

LuvBug

DS has short hair and for halloween he was a dragon yet people STILL were saying he beautiful 'she' was lol! I swear :rolleyes:

Synchro246

For all of you who appreciate non-genderization (is that a word?) There is a cd that is from the '70's but is SOOOOOO coool.
Free to Be with Marlo Thomas and Friends
It has songs and little skits and has a lot about being who you want to be without gender sterio-typing. It makes a great car cd, IMO.

nisi

Senior Community Member
For all of you who appreciate non-genderization (is that a word?) There is a cd that is from the '70's but is SOOOOOO coool.
Free to Be with Marlo Thomas and Friends
It has songs and little skits and has a lot about being who you want to be without gender sterio-typing. It makes a great car cd, IMO.

Stop it! You're making me feel old. :p I grew up listening to this. I can still sing some of the songs. I even went to see a stage version once (put on by a local junior high IIRC).

BTW - I just checked amazon and yup! there's a DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Free-Be-You-M...pd_bbs_sr_2/105-0843304-1018049?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Thanks for the trip down memory lane ;)

"A doll, a doll, Billy wants a doll..."

LuvBug

oh I heard babylove was going to be getting a bunch of those. That is where we got our husky from a year ago. They are great!
I think the print inside is sorta hawaiian looking, like a hawaiian shirt lol! Guys where those too :p

Synchro246

"A doll, a doll, Billy wants a doll..."

Cause someday he is gonna to be a faaaaather tooooooo. . . .

I grew up listening to it too, but it was my sisters' who were 13 years older than me.
I always wanted to name a little girl Atalanta :)

katemass

I grew up listening to Free to be You and Me too. That's probably part of why I think the way I do now. My kids also love it. When my 11yo was 3 1/2 he made a sign for the front door that said, "Boys are good and girls are strong." That's my boy.

Kate

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC