How does the MyRide fit chunky kiddos?

Mommy0608

Is it narrow? I have a friend with a just turned 2 year old, 33lb child. I've convinced them of the benefits of ERF, and they recently turned their kiddo back around. :thumbsup::thumbsup: However, their seat has a 35lb limit and the child is rapidly gaining weight and is short and stocky. Would this be a good choice? The 45lb Radian and Complete Air are out of the budget.

ADS

Shanora

I would imagine it could accommodate a larger child...here is a picture of DD in MR with the infant insert, also a picture of my 35 pound 4 year old for comparison

SDC10517.jpg

SDC10432.jpg

armywife12

My son was 33lbs at 2 yrs old and is now about 35lbs at 27 months old. He fits fine in the MyRide and I don't see him becoming uncomfortable in it any time soon. I can't put any pics up at the moment but, if I remember to, I will when I get back home on Sunday or Monday. I'll have to take an updated pic.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I think the interior is quite roomy, and a "stocky" kid would be pretty comfortable RF. :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Here's a 33#, 37.5" three year old

preview_imgp3434_20.jpg

Here feet have plenty more room than that, she just has them scrunched up because were testing the seat, it was freezing out, and the leather seat was too cold for feet! :)

Spam

Is there a way they could try him out in it first? I really :love: the mr, but it just doesn't work for Austin. I returned it for the third time last week :crying: I'm deffinitely going to try it again with the next kiddo. A is 31.5" lbs 32.5" almost 17 months.

036.jpg
031.jpg

He fought me the most going into it. He slept fine when he was in it, but it was a battle getting him in there. I don't know why :confused: After a day of screaming matches and bumping heads, I decided to stick with the tfp and rn80... for now;)

Jonah Baby

My moose fits in his happily.

My only complaint - which would happen with a skinny kid probably just as much - when I put him in, the straps and clips are stuck behind him and it hurts him. He fills up 80% or more of the space in there so it takes some finagling to get the chest clip pieces out without scratching him good. It then takes a hand thrust by his butt to retrieve the crotch buckles.
I think they should add velcro like Britax seats.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Actually, shorter, stocky kids are perfect for the myride...because the shell isn't very tall, it is actualkly only the shorter, heftier kids who will benefit form the 40 lb limit. Tall kids will outgrow it by height well before 40 pounds.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My moose fits in his happily.

My only complaint - which would happen with a skinny kid probably just as much - when I put him in, the straps and clips are stuck behind him and it hurts him. He fills up 80% or more of the space in there so it takes some finagling to get the chest clip pieces out without scratching him good. It then takes a hand thrust by his butt to retrieve the crotch buckles.
I think they should add velcro like Britax seats.
I put the harness buckles into the cupholders, and flip the crotch buckle forward. It's been working great and better than velcro which can catch on clothing and snag things, IMO.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yep -- J was 38lbs and 36in when we got the MR... he's grown a couple of inches and gained a pound since, but he's fit in it beautifully the whole time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC