Looking for top tetjer retrofit for a 97 Impreza

M

mommy_of3boys

Like the title says, I'm looking for a site to get the top tethers for my 97 Subaru Impreza L 4 door. I told DH I would love it IF I can get the tethers installed. It looks like it will be easier than my 96 Accord was, since it has covers over the predrilled holes, where my Accord had nothing! Anyways, I can't seem to pull anything up on searches. If anyone knows where I can fiind them that would be great.

Also, the center belt stalk is very long, and I am not able to use it with my 2 Radians and because it is a lap only belt I can't put my soon-to-be-boostered child there. Is it possible to have the dealer install a shorter belt stalk?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The part number is 96031FA000EM (beige) or 96031FA000MJ (gray). You have three 8mm weld nuts in the filler panel.

How long is the middle stalk? If it's long enough to go completely into the beltpath then that's fine. That's what mine does. If it's not quite long enough to be completely in the beltpath you can twist it up to three full turns and that should shorten it a bit.

Wendy

M

mommy_of3boys

Thank you for the part numbers!

I have the same problem in DH's 01 Impreza RS. The stalks go completely inside the belt path, which I know is technically ok, but it digs into my son's back since there is nothing but a thin plastic sheet and the seat cover between him and the buckle. So he refuses to sit in it because it hurts. Twisting it puts the stalk at a weird midway point just inside the belt path but not completely inside, it still digs into my son as well as not being able to get it tight.

I'm really hoping this isn't going to be cause for me to have to stick with my Accord that I hate! haha But their safety comes before anything. ::sigh::

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC