Help me pick FFing seats!

Pixels

SIL needs help picking seats for her soon-to-be step-daughters. One is 2yo, she guesses 35 pounds (I doubt she's that heavy, but will be FFing regardless). The other is 4-almost-5 yo, she guesses 50 pounds.

Can anyone help me compare the following seats, especially top harness slots and any funky rules (Apex needs head support):
Graco Nautilus - 65 pounds FFing, converts to decent HBB and backless booster, $135
Evenflo Generations 65 - 65 pounds FFing, converts to poor HBB, $100 BRU exlusive
Evenflo Maestro - 50 pounds FFing, converts to HBB, $75 Sears
Cosco Apex 65 - 65 pounds FFing, requires head support from vehicle, $130

Ease of use also is good.

Anything else I should be looking at?

ADS

canadiangie

2 Nauti's.

Easy breezy, done. :thumbsup:

No funky rules, harnesses for a long time, tall top slots, works well as a booster for most kids.

firemomof3

I also agree with 2 Nautilus. I ordered a Maestro a few weeks ago and still have not had a confirmed order or shipment from Sears :confused: So, I'm not sure whats going on with those!

Pixels

I should mention that money is a concern, and they'll be buying two sets of seats (two vehicles).

Perhaps a 40 pound seat for the 2yo for now, and plan on passing down the Nautilus and getting the older girl a booster when the time comes? I would need to get weight on the 2yo confirmed first, but I really, really don't think she's anywhere near 35. 25 is more likely.

autumnlily

Target currently has the super cute scenera (apples or trees of some sort) for $45 each. That would be $90 total for the smaller DD. That would help with cutting costs for now. I don't need a new seat... but I really really like that pattern :)

Overstock.com has a black friday sale of the Daisy Daze Scenera for $28.09... 2 seats for under $60 should help with the GN purchases

Kat_Momof3

for wanting ease of use and install.. I'd go with the Nautilus.. hands down.

They look like big kid seats, too, and they come in girl patterns (and you can get matching or get different ones for each girl, depending on what they prefer)... And with that amazing cupholder and the cubbies... she will probably get lots of stepmom points from them for getting those seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC