Horray! It is snowing!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It finally feels like winter. It is snowing!

So far, I would say we have about a millionth of an inch! :D

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

We just got 6inches+ overnight last night. The kids, DH and I are all headed out to make a big SNOWMAN LOL!! :D

Yeah! It just started half-snowing here, too! It's right at 32-33F outside, so they look like flakes as they fall, but melt on contact. Just a couple of degrees colder and we'll be good to go!!! :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It is already getting a little bit slick out there. I just shoveled my parents' driveway (they are traveling, so I am taking care of their house) and it is getting a bit slippery already. :eek: It isn't bad, but I can see how this could become messy when the sun goes down. They aren't calling for anything too bad (nothing like what you all in the Midwest have experienced!!), but it is our first "winter incident" of the season, so it could be interesting.

Simplysomething

It's not snowing here. We're right on the rain/mix/snow line. lol. There is definitely something frozen in with the rain. It's all melting as soon as it hits the ground.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's not snowing here. We're right on the rain/mix/snow line. lol. There is definitely something frozen in with the rain. It's all melting as soon as it hits the ground.

I am about 10-15 miles W/NW of D.C. right now and it is definitely snowing! The forecast is for the snow to change over to freezing rain/snow later today and then to add about 1/4 inch of ice to the top of the snow. I am guessing we will at least have a 1 hour delay tomorrow (school system). Maybe a 2-hour delay? There is a slight chance that school will be cancelled. I guess it will depend on what actually happens, weather-wise. :)

Simplysomething

I'm in southeastern VA, so I guess it makes sense we'd be warmer. lol. It's supposed to hover just above freezing for the night. It always does that. Winter teases us. lol

lovinwaves

We *Just* came inside from making our Snowman and sledding. Here are some pix I just uploaded to our photosite....

7932952_200.ts1169410600311.jpg
7933006_200.ts1169410753586.jpg

7933209_200.ts1169411397972.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Here, too... there were a few flakes, a little ice, and now it's 30 degrees and raining? I'm so bummed!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Cute pics. We had freezing rain earlier today, and now it's switching over to snow. I wish we had enough snow to build snowmen/angels/forts, and sled or XC ski. Winter has been a big dud so far.

scatterbunny

Enjoy your snow, everyone! :) All of ours has melted, except for what's left of our snow cave and snowmen, we packed it so much that it's sticking around, 5 days after everything else has melted.

CrabbyBunchX3

Still snowing steady here...probably about 2 inches now.
Dh just called said he's on his way home form work now...he works in MD by the way...and saids it slick and snowing where he's coming from so he'll see us in about 3 hours(normally a 1.5hr drive).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Still snowing steady here...probably about 2 inches now.
Dh just called said he's on his way home form work now...he works in MD by the way...and saids it slick and snowing where he's coming from so he'll see us in about 3 hours(normally a 1.5hr drive).

It sounds like your husband's work, your house, and my house are all fairly (somewhat, at least) close to each other. It is getting slick! I hope your DH can get home safely and as quickly as is safely possible.:)

jpzec

Nasty, cold rain in central NC also. Our little inside thermometer with an outdoor sensor says it's like 31 degrees but it doesn't seem to be freezing. We did get enough snow to cover the decks last Thursday morning. Better than nothing, I guess! Catie made a couple snow/ice balls, anyway!

We have a cocker spaniel who loves snow! The first winter we had her (from humane society so she was an adult dog when he got her), I had to thaw the blobs of snow from her paws with warm water because she wanted to be outside as long as the kids!

I want it to snow at least once this winter! We had none at all last year.

Have fun, and be careful!

CrabbyBunchX3

It sounds like your husband's work, your house, and my house are all fairly (somewhat, at least) close to each other. It is getting slick! I hope your DH can get home safely and as quickly as is safely possible.:)

Sounds like it! I'm not too terribly far from DC/MD/VA out here lol
He works in Gaithersburg and is almost home now, so far so good:)

lovinwaves

Here is the snowman my sister(the girl on the left) and her friend built in the neighbors yard today LOL! They actually built 5 snowmen! Gee, to be 18 years old again....:rolleyes: Nothing to do but play in the snow all day...:p

7935756_1024.ts1169419133743.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC