Our new Britax Monarchs (photos!)

Michi

Well, here they are! ( It was late when we got home the first night withthem, so my kids are intheir PJ's)
IMG_1683a.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1682a.jpg

IMG_1684a.jpg

IMG_1688a.jpg

IMG_1689a.jpg

The kids said theat they were really comfy! :D
And....our new "baby!"
IMG_1693a.jpg

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
so how is the whole buckling thing??? Does the bottem remove for just booster right? does it have an upper weight limit?? Can you kids buckle them selfs? THANKS for the photos, how was the drive!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Looks good!

It looks like the Monarch is a good fit for both Julie and Joseph.

COngrats on the new "baby!" Does he/she have a name?

Splash

So is Julie comfortable in it, or did you give her some sort of footrest? And how are they managing those low armrests, is it a problem?
I'm glad they like them! They really are nice seats?
Oh, where were yours made? The ones my boss bought (right after they were released) were made in Germany. I thought that was neat, but I am sure Britax USA is making them in NC, or are they still bringing them from Germany?

scatterbunny

Awesome! :D

How is buckling?

The seating are seems pretty narrow, widthwise, between armrests. Does it seem like it will be a problem?

threerugratz

Jenny
Here are pics comparing the Monarch and Parkway bases. Since you have a Parkway I thought it might be helpful to see a comparison.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=5c7bscd&.dnm=5cb5re2.jpg&.src=ph
We've been using our Monarch for a bit and I really like it. I do buckle my ds though. It's a habit for me since I had to buckle him in the Start. He unbuckles himself but I haven't really encouraged him to buckle himself.
Hope it's okay that I'm jumping in on this thread...

Michi

Sorry - things have been kind of crazy around here with the dog, the kids and the SNOW!
I will try to post more tomorrow, and give a better review.
Buckling IS a pain, but I think it is just a matter of a "learning curve."
I think eventually they will be able to do it themselves. ( especially when they dont have a dog crate back there with them!) ;)

Last edited:

Splash

Awesome! :D

How is buckling?

The seating are seems pretty narrow, widthwise, between armrests. Does it seem like it will be a problem?

It adjusts. The width adjustment actually allows it to get fairly wide. Not wide enough for me by any means, but definitely fine for a kid.

Michi

Okay...lets see if I can remember all of the questions...
- the box says made in Germany
- the instructions say up to 100 lbs.
- the seat base is narrow but it does adjust
- it fits both kids very well
- the kids really like them ( Julie said that this was the first time her butt hasn't hurt on a long trip...so I guess that means they're better padded...)
- I did not give the kids foot rests because I am hoping that by using the recline feature ( which I love!!!) it gives them a better angle to sit at...the base is almost to the front of the cars's seat and so their legs don't hang over the edge of the booster base so much. If they still complain I will try the coolers later.

My first impressions of the Monarch...I am very impressed with the SIP throughout the torso.
It reminds me more of a Recaro seat than a Britax in that respect.
However...those darn armrests! ( "I do not like them Sam I Am!!!" )
If they could only be a couple inches higher like the Graco it would be fine. I think Julie will be able to buckle herself after a little while, but I think I'm stuck buckling Joseph for awhile. (and It doesn't help that it's winter and we have piles of blankets stashed between the seats where the buckles are!):rolleyes:

The dog:
His name WAS Brody, but the kids want to change it...we haven't decided on a new name yet.
(although until he has a bath/haircut I'm seriously thinking of calling him "Stinky!)
My husband wants to call him "Colonel Sanders", as the reason he was given up is because he kept eating the chickens on the farm where he lived.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
ok it has a weight limit on the instructions, but does it on the seat? like the park way i know it's suggested up to 100lbs but can be used after that right??? Tech? yes, no??? Are the monarchs the same???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC