Monterey,Parkway,Clek Oobr Boosters

horseymom

anyone have comparaison pics? DD will be boostertraining in the spring and I'm trying to decide which one would suit her best.

Stats are 46lbs, 47" she will be 5.5 in Febuary

thanks!:thumbsup:

ADS

canadiangie

Quassee does. She posted a thread about it somewhere... hmmm, where tho, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

horseymom

if you find it please post it.!! I can't remember seeing the Ober in any posts. It's so pricey I'm unsure if I will go with that one but I'm definatly intrested to see IRL pics with kids in it.

thanks!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I have pics of the Parkway SG that we took today. Sorry, pics not so great. We had been to the zoo and stopped by Right Start because it's close to the zoo. I ran in, grabbed the PW and came out. Opened dd's door, she looked out and said "Oh, great". lol. Can you tell she gets tired of me trying her in every seat that comes on the market. Anyways, she is between 48 and 50 lbs, maybe 48 inches. The first 2 are without the SG b/c I couldn't figure it out. Last one has the SG but likely not positioned exactly right. It's adjustable but I didn't want to mess with it.

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

I liked the SG. She sits in an old style parkway full time right now and it fit her almost exactly the same. She sits in a Monterey in dh's car. I don't have recent pics. These are pics from when we first got it almost 12 mos ago. I'll take new ones of her tomorrow and post them for you.

IMG_3860.jpg

I tried her in the Oobr but didn't take pics. Sorry!!! I loved the Oobr. It positioned the belt perfectly. But, the seat depth was an issue. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue. I am still on the fence about buying it. It's super cute.

I really prefer her in the PW. The Monterey is one of my fav seats but it's a bit too wide at the top and the shoulder portion of the belt always seems too close to the edge of her shoulder.

Kat_Momof3

I'd love to see shots of her in the Oobr... I'd also love it if you could get some of her in the Vivo... just cause I can't go dash about and get Oobr and PWY shots.

She fits the Monterey pretty similar to how Ruthie does now... and if she doesn't get broader, I won't move her out of the Vivo until she fits it well.

emandbri

In a recent thread it was discussed that for younger kids boys in general have wider shoulders and fit better in the monterey than girls do.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=105564&highlight=monterey

You might want to add the cybex fix X to your list. Some of the crash test videos are a bit scary but if you keep reading it turns out for some reason all the European vidoes are scary. I'm thinking about getting one for my 6 year old. I admit that I love the monterey and I'm only thinking of getting the cybex because I want something brown or green

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=100932&highlight=monterey

I can't get past the lack of sides on the Parkway SG when compared to the monterey, it bugs me.

Last edited:

horseymom

[QUOTE

You might want to add the cybex fix X to your list.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think we have that here in Canada?

steph_s

I have tried my child in each of these boosters, but I have to say that each child is so different that I found asking around to others did no good with my booster search.

-Old Style parkway- seems to spit the kids out so to speak. For some reason they all start complaining around age 7-8ish that they are falling forward out of the seat.

-Monterey- Everyone seems to love this seat and I can see why, but my son didn't fit well in it at all. Even on the smallest setting it was too wide for him and the belt didn't fit him properly.

-Clek- He complained it wasn't soft enough and I complained that at that price I wasn't going to pay it if it wasn't super comfy.

-Parkway SG- Fits perfectly, the sg is awesome since he is smaller and the price was defiantly right!

(This was before fully adjusting the SG or pulling the slack out of the belt, but you get the idea)
Sept09032-1.jpg

Lea_Ontario

My Boo is 48" and 50 lbs, so a little bit bigger than the child the OP was asking about.

And my Bug is a big smaller at 42.5" and 44 lbs.

But here's photos of them in the Monterey - taken yesterday.

Last edited:

ginny4

it looks like the wings are OUT. i'd narrow them up. i think she'd have a better fit. or do you already do that & overtime it just widens on its own?

horseymom

thanks everyone. I'm still comfused on what to do. I will have to order online uless I can find a Monterey in Calgary to try her in. None here in my town. I really love the sides of the Monterey but love the SG clip. Agggg! at least I don't have to buy anything until spring. Hoping she dosen't outgrow the FR first

Kat_Momof3

Tanya - the belt fit looks a lot better in that second pic... a nice inch or two can make a lot of difference, huh?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Tanya - the belt fit looks a lot better in that second pic... a nice inch or two can make a lot of difference, huh?

It does!! I think she has grown quite a few inches in the last year!

Ginny, I need to check the wings. I adjusted them before I put it in dh's car again but they do look wide! I need to check again! I also clicked the headrest up one notch. Helps the shoulder belt fit a ton.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC