Kind of Dumb Radian cover question

chloebeansmom

Chloe puked all over her radian on Sunday. So obviously I washed the cover, wiped down all the straps and everything is good now. My question is, is there a problem with me not replacing those insanely horrible plastic "nails" that go into the bottom of the cover. It stays on just fine without them, but I kill myself trying to get them off to clean it. It wouldn't be unsafe right?

ADS

Pixels

As long as your kid doesn't use the opportunity to lift the cover and pick chunks of foam out of the seat or something. Some kids would. If yours won't/doesn't, leave them off.

chloebeansmom

Awesome! That was what I thought but I wanted confirmation.

Nice to see a local person. I went to high school in MA and live in RI.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've had them off one of mine for a while. I have to warn ya-- it will come up, especially if you try to fold it, and get in your way, after a while. I just keep pulling it down but eventually I may give in and order some more.

chloebeansmom

Good to know. I'll keep mine around then in case. I just hate them so much. It's the only thing about the seat that drives me nutty.

mommy2jasmine

I hate those dumb things, but I do like them more than the snaps, because the snaps DO NOT stay snapped, and I have found with a butter knife, or two, they come out pretty easily.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC