2007-08 Chevy Silverado??

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have one or know anything about them? We were out looking at them last weekend and we really like them. The extended or crew-cab, of course. But I tried to find where I could tether RF, and couldn't find anything.. Any ideas on where that might be possible?? I really need to try my RA and MA in it RF, but DH wants to wait until we are more serious about buying, which won't be until after we sell our house later this year(we're being optomistic about it. lol)..

Any thoughts about it would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!

Janice

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
There should be some part of the seat to use. It is recommended to use
Seat frame bar
Seat mounting rail bolted to the floor
Vehicle safety belt anchor bolted to the floor (not the seat)
Leg of a vehicle seat bolted to the floor

Look for some type of structural strong,unmoveable part.

adamsmommy

We have an 04 Ext Cab. The tether point is a loop on the back of the bench seat. The back bench seat does NOT move at all and you can't force anything between the seat and the window. Took us a bit to figure it out, but now it works well. I honestly would get a Crew Cab. We are looking at them right now. They are so roomy in back. It would be so hard to have a carseat outboard. Middle is the only place seats work comfortably, imo.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
There should be some part of the seat to use. It is recommended to use
Seat frame bar
Seat mounting rail bolted to the floor
Vehicle safety belt anchor bolted to the floor (not the seat)
Leg of a vehicle seat bolted to the floor

Look for some type of structural strong,unmoveable part.

Yep, I know. I checked for all of those and didn't find any. I was hoping someone had some real world experience w/it. I'll have to search some more next time we check them out..

The FF tether anchor looked hard to get to, but I guess after you get used to it isn't a big deal..

KHarrington

CPS Technician
We have an '03 Silverado...extended cab. I love it. RF we tethered to the bottom of the front passenger seat... As far as FF, in the Silverado, you have to pass it through the loop and to an adjacent tether portion on the rear of the headrest. At least that's what needs to be done with the '03 and was also mentioned in my update class this weekend.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC