Belt path for Regent - behind or in front of harness straps??

granolamama

I have a question about installing the Regent with a seatbelt, long belt path. When the seatbelt goes around the back of the seat, does it go right next to the plastic of the seat, under the harness straps in the back? Or does it go behind the harness straps in the back, with the harness straps between the plastic seat back and the seatbelt? I looked at the Husky installation page on this site, but it didn't seem to say. The manual is also not clear on this point. Thanks for your help. :)

-Helen

ADS

ajweeks

I have this same question because we had a Regent malfunction this morning just as I was loading the kids in the car to drive to preschool. My son's Regent harness wouldn't tighten (he always loosens it A LOT before he unbuckles himself) and when I felt around the back of the seat in the little space at the bottom of the seat, I could tell that the harness yoke was caught on something. I didn't have time to fool with it then, so I quickly uninstalled it and had him ride in his Parkway to school.

I had installed it with the long belt path and I routed the seatbelt over the first side of the carseat, through the cover hole, then around to the back of the seat (in between the car seat and the seat back) and had it routed under the harness straps, right against the plastic seat back, then back through the front of the cover on the other side and down to the buckle stalk. Was this not correct? The seat belt should go over the harness yoke in the back and not under? I'm just trying to make sure that I install the seat correctly the second time to make sure that this incident doesn't happpen again--along with training my son not to loosen the harness that much when he goes to get out.

scatterbunny

I think you routed it right--over the front of the side of the seat, through the belt path to the back of the seat, the seatbelt should be between the vehicle seat and the carseat, not between the carseat and the harness, and then back through the belt path to the front of the seat, up and over the side of the seat and buckled.

Southpaw, it's just another approved method. Sometimes the Regent can be difficult with the standard belt path because of how large it is. The long belt path achieved the tightest install I've ever used.

Our Fisher Price Futura uses the long belt path--ONLY the long belt path, no other approved method. It passes the stricter head excursion testing without a top tether (most seats will pass the standard 32" head excursion tests without a tether, but to pass with 28" tests most need a tether). I wonder sometimes if it is partly due to the long belt path install, but also the design of the seat itself.

LuvBug

the way I read it was the harness was between the vehicle seat and the seatbelt? is that how you did it? if so thats not right. there should be nothing between the seatbelt and vehicle seat back, or the harness should be between the seatbelt and carseat back. does that help?

I LOVE the LBP it is so easy to get it TIGHT and there is more seatbelt covering more carseat so I feel like it would help distribute force over more of the shell in a crash.

ajweeks

OK, I got my Regent reinstalled and the belt is over the harness in the back--so the harness yoke is in between the plastic seat back and the seat belt. I think this is how I had it before too so hopefully the splitter plate does not get stuck on the seat belt again like it did this morning.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC