JMason Quad vs Foundations Quad

lpperry

Is anyone familiar with either of these quad strollers?

I am looking for a quad stroller for my daycare. I have two 7 month olds and two 2 month olds. So, I only need two seats that recline. On my craigslist, I found the JMason Quad for $75 or the Foundations Quad for $200. I was looking at reviews and am concerned about the JMason.

It says it doesn't fit through doors. Is it wider than the Foundations? Also, the JMason reviews said the wheels are small. On the photos they look the same as the Foundation, so I am wondering about that.

Any suggestions? Would it be worth it to spend the extra $125 on the Foundations or is the JMason similar enough to be worth saving so much money?

I would prefer to get the Everest Buggy with reclining toddler seat on top, but it is way out of the budget!

ADS

LeeLi

I have the Foundations Quad, I paid 300$ on my Craigslist practically brand new. So 200$ is a good deal, given that the best online price was 399$ when I looked.

I haven't used it with kids in it yet but it seems very sturdy and like it has decent wheels. It's not an Everest Buggy for sure but it seems like a decent stroller.

rochelle

It says it doesn't fit through doors. Is it wider than the Foundations?

the assembled dimensions for the foundations quad is 48.5 x 33 x 39.5
its the same width as my double jogger and frankly I have problem with some McDonalds doors. Most stores I have to open both doors for the jogger to go through. (the jogger scrapes my door frame)

I could not find the dimension for the Jmason Quad but the folded width is 32" so it is bigger than common single doors.

I would go measure the widths of the doors that you need the quad strollers to go through before buying

lovinwaves

All doors must be 32" to meet the requirements under the ADA (American Disability Act), which is the minimum for a single wheelchair. Most all higher end side by side strollers are 32" or less, therefore fit through any doorway.

Some older doors however are smaller in width, but as far as I know the business must have another entry to the building (or whatever it is) for handicap people.

The Foundations would not fit through a standard or required single door at 32".

I used to sell the Foundations quad stroller. It was a popular choice among parents and caregivers that needed a quad stroller. If it was me, I would pay the extra money for the Foundations. I would think of it great for walks, or outdoor events. Not something I would probably shop with though.

Oh, and are you still liking your Instep Safari?

TXAggieTech

No experience with either of these but J Mason is my favorite baby brand. Their bassinets, pack n plays and swings are amazing. They also had great customer service when we had a problem with one of the pack-n-plays. Someone had bought it, used it, then frebreezed the heck out of it before returning it. The smell was so strong that I couldn't have it inside and sunning it didn't make it go away.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I found the Foundations hard to steer, but that may be true for any stroller of that size. Also, you have to hold the handle down (think lawn mower) to keep the brake off. It reminds me of the strollers I had for DS, 17 years ago.

lpperry

lovinwaves--Thanks for the information on 32 inch doors. I think the places I would normally go have double doors anyway--like the library, zoo, etc. These are my daycare kiddos, so it's not like I am going to shopping down narrow isles in the mall with them!

I love my instep safari. It's no Bob or Babyjogger, but it does the job for us. We take long walks to places (over an hour), and it's much easier to push than the travel system stroller we have from our 5 year old. For the times that I jog (slowly), it works great. If I were a real runner, then I would prefer a different jogger, but it works great for our purposes. Also, I never go to the mall or anything, so I don't have to worry about it being too big for stores. Actually, we normally only use the stroller outside for long walks. If we go to the store or parade or something, I usually wear my baby in a wrap or sling.

Also to lovinwaves--Do you have information on the JMason? If you would pay more for the Foundations, why? I can't get the Foundations for $200 anymore, but there is another one for $250. I am really wanting to get the JMason for $75, but not if it is a piece of junk...

Thanks to the other posts too about the experiences with the quad strollers!

lovinwaves

Can you go see the JMason in person and push it around, and play with it? Everyone has a different opinion about strollers, and for $75 it might be perfect for what you are needing it for :)

lpperry

Can you go see the JMason in person and push it around, and play with it? Everyone has a different opinion about strollers, and for $75 it might be perfect for what you are needing it for :)

Well, the woman lives about 1.5 hours away. She has an appointment at a doctor's office right near my house on Monday. I can meet her before her appointment, but I feel like I won't have a whole lot of time to push it around. Maybe I can get her to meet even earlier before her appt. so I have time to push it around a bit.

lpperry

I have a photo of the basket of the JMason and of the Foundations. On the JMason it looks like it would be hard to actually get anything in the basket.

Foundation Quad

kbshs0.jpg

JMason

evcnck.jpg

lpperry

Eek, that JMason has some seriously worn tires, and she shows it pictured on top of gravel :thumbsdown:

I know! I just really really need a quad stroller and my husband doesn't want me to spend a lot of money. I have been putting two babies in the double and wearing the other baby when I have three. If I have four, I have been stuffing my guy and another baby into a seat together. They are getting too big for that and wearing a baby for a long walk is not great!

I actually think I talked my dh into the $250 one. At first he thought that was too much, but I have been talking about the Everest Buggy a lot lately. Now he thinks $250 is ok!

I think I'm going to take the Foundations if they don't get a better offer! Thanks for all the help! I posted this on some stroller boards and multiple boards, but got no responses. I love car-seat.org. It's the best!

lpperry

I picked up the Foundations on Friday. I pushed it around before I bought it and really liked it. I am going to try it out with my daycare kiddos this week. Thanks!

LeeLi

Please do update and tell us how you like it. I haven't had a chance to use my Foundations Quad yet and will need to decide whether to sell it or keep it. I'm especially interested in how it easy it is to steer and whether older kids fit comfortably.

TIA :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC