Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Which seat to take??

We are going on a 6 hour trip this afternoon. I always have my son in the middle of our Durango, but my father in law is with us, so I am going to have to move him outboard for the trip. I usually have in a DC in the Durango, but I also have a regent in the other car. Is one better than the other as far as side impact? There are no side curtain airbags, and I hate the thought of him outboard, but there is no other choice. Which seat would you use? Btw, my son is 4 1/2, about 38 lbs, and 42 inches. Thanks in advance!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Which seat to take??

Outboard is really not a big deal Many if not most of us have two or more kids. Someone is always outboard

Not to mention the fact that you're driving a rather well-endowed vehicle.

Both the seats are fine. Pick the seat that gives you an easier install

Re: Which seat to take??

As a former Durango owner, I am DYING for pics of those center installs!!! I couldn't get a dang thing to fit there with an acceptable install!!! LOL
    Sunny, a new patrol car, an old raggedy Civic, and:
    J | 10.06 | RSTV2(L)
    M | 07.08 | RSTV2(S)
    K | 07.11 | FN90CT