How many kids should a seat go through before it is retired?

JaRylan

I have a head cold so that probably reads as bad as it sounds in my head. I have a Graco infant car seat (I think the Snugride, green and blue plaid) DOM is 05/02. The seat was used for my son and then a friend's daughter. My cousin is expecting for May and I was wondering if I should lend the seat to her.

Does it matter how many kids use a seat? Do you just go by DOM?

Thanks,

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
AS long as you have all the parts, as Julie mentioned, it should be fine.

Your cousin's baby will probably be the last to use the seat, though, since it will expire in 5/08. That would be my guess, at least.

mominabigtruck

I think it depends on how well its taken care of, plus the DOM. I have seen so many seats that are just filthy, mold, dirt, twisted straps. And when I tell people that you can take the seat apart and wash it they look at me like I just given them a revelation.

JaRylan

Thanks everyone. If she decides that she wants to use the seat then I will order a new harness for it so we won't have to wonder if the straps were ever washed. It's in really good shape, manual and locking clip are still on the back in their holders.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC