Toyota Avalon

P

pwm88

I gather from reviews that the AVALON can have 6 seating capacity. I guess the rear passenger row can take upto 4 person ?
It comes with Vehicle Skid Control, I guess pretty similar to Vehicle Stability Control ?
Compared to Honda Pilot, both have similar pricing, but the fuel consumption, Avalon is better than Avalon/Pilot : 21/17 in the city. Biggest disadvantage is that AVALON can't carry big stuff in the cargo space.
Any comments as to this is a good family car ?

Thanks.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Not sure but-

I suspect the Avalon may have a center seating position on a bench in the front row. If it lacks a shoulder belt, it is probably not very useful except for a few circumstances.

Vehicle Skid Control is just a trade name for stability control. Each system may operate a bit differently, but overall they should have the same general result.

As for crash ratings, also see our guides:

http://www.car-safety.org/family.html

http://www.car-safety.org/carguide.html

P

pwm88

Thanks darren for your advice.
Avalon seems attractive after I compared the interior room specs with some SUVs.
On the other hand, there don't seems to have Chrysler PT Cruiser or Pacifica in the recommended list :
http://www.car-safety.org/family.html
Although they have good ratings in www.nhtsa.dot.gov (PT has 4 stars in rollover test while pacifica has 5 stars in all test except rollover).
What are your views on these two cars ? I wonder if the rollover test for pacifica is decent enough ? Another considerations would be are their reliability as good as Honda/Toyota ?
Thanks.

bazanna

Senior Community Member
i just saw a pacifica the other day in person.....it's pretty neat looking. i just wanted to add that LOL i don't know anything about the crash data though ;)

U

Unregistered

Pacifica does look nice, but

but Toyota is ranked number 1 in reliability again this year. Just heard it on CNN this week.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I don't know enough about them-

I saw the Pacifica at an auto show, but it's too new for much information. I don't think it has been tested in the offset crash by the IIHS yet, either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC