Question Max age for Radian XT

Charliee

I switched my 4.5 yr old out of his GN to a Radian XT so we could fit 3 across. He's right at the second to last slot and I'm a bit worried. It says it goes up to 53" and 65 lbs. but how realistic is this? My husband will freak if we can't get at least 2 good years out of it.... :eek:

What's the oldest boy you've seen in a Radian XT?

TIA you guys/gals rock!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If he's only at the 2nd to last slot then he has tons of growing room. Probably a good 2 yrs. You may not want to have him harnessed in it still at 6.5, but with 3 across it may be easier.. have to wait and see on that one. :thumbsup:

3plus2isme

Older DS is still in his radian and he's almost 6. It's hard to judge how much long he has.. he's on the top slot but still has at least half a year I'd "think" but if he all of a sudden goes through a growth spurt we're SOL.

Younger DS is 4 in a couple weeks and at the 2nd to top slots... I know for a fact based off his growth pattern he has at least 2 years left.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
If he's only at the 2nd to last slot then he has tons of growing room. Probably a good 2 yrs. You may not want to have him harnessed in it still at 6.5, but with 3 across it may be easier.. have to wait and see on that one. :thumbsup:

I totally agree with what Trudy said. :thumbsup:

That said, kids outgrow the Radians at all different ages. My DS is 8.5 and still fits in the Radian - shoulders are slightly below the top slots. We actually do use the Radian for him because it makes 3-across much easier in our smallish vehicles. (It would be really hard to buckle a booster, and he needs to be self-sufficient in the school pickup lane. Plus he likes his harnessed seats.)

emandbri

If I had to guess I would say he would fit for 2-3 years. My daughter turned 3 in July and is even with the second to top slots and my son was 6 in Aug and he is right at the top slots. She fits the same and he did in the marathon at his age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC