My Ride 65. Another complaint the harness is stuck when a kid is in it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I keep reading how wonderful the adjuster is, yet people keep coming to BRU complaining that it's impossible to tighten when the kid is in it. I spent 5 minutes teaching a dad how to deal with the harness, how it works and could possibly get stuck at certain points. And told him most seats are actually a pitb to deal with, so don't just return it and buy a Britax, you'll have similar issues :rolleyes:

ADS

NannyMom

Re: My Ride 65. Another complaint the harness is stuck when a kid is in it.

was the extra harness length pointing down?

Jonah Baby

I find it often hard to tighten when kid is in RFing. The adjusting strap will pull and the straps will visibly tighten, but when you let go it just loosens back up.
I've found a few tricks for this, but nothing fool-proof.

Having one side of the buckle get stuck is much more annoying - happens 75% of the time (same buckle tong.)
If you release the chest clip first and make sure you hit the crotch release (holding the buckle/straps above often helps) so that it can release in a nice, smooth, straight motion, it is usually fine.

DH won't take him out anymore 'cause he has decided to be too ignorant to figure it out when stuck. He just starts cursing at me about it.
(Well, I have to deal with the same thing, ya know! I DID tell you the tricks I use to get it out, why don't you use one?!)

armywife12

I've noticed that every once in a while but not enough to return the seat. I just stopped loosening the harness everytime so now I only need to adjust it when he needs more harness.

Maedze

It does stick every once in a while, but it's not as near difficult to adjust as a Radian, large Britax or a Dorel seat. What's the big deal :confused:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I've heard this a LOT on the birth boards. My friend has one and says the key (for rfing kids anyways) is to pull the straps tight in the back first and then pull the front adjuster. Make sense?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, Jennifer, that's what I told him to do. I hope it works, I despise when people return things to BRU complaining they don't work, when it's really just user error....

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I had a parent come in complaining of that last weekend. The child was tall enough for the 3rd slots, but was still in the first slots and the infant insert was still in. In order to get the straps around him they had them pulled way out and the splitter plate kept getting stuck on the cover in the back.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That's what I thought the issue might be for some too. I was wondering if the splitter plate was maybe getting stuck on the bottom of the seat. My Radian did that.

Mommy2Marcus

I have trouble with mine sometimes. It is a little harder to adjust, but is not terrible. I find that if I just pull them tight in the back & then tighen with the strap it works wonders. However I hardly ever adjust. I thought it was just me that thought it was a little harder than some to adjust. However I have not really ever found a seat that is super super easy to adjust RF except my EFTA.

Shaunam

I loosen and tighten the straps every time and have never had an issue. The harness adjuster is nearly as smooth as the RA/diplomat. :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Off topic, but Shauna, I just noticed your siggy pic and I love your kids in their pink seats! DD looks so sweet in her Sonata MR! My DD is waiting for hers to show up and apparently is jealous, "is that baby in MY chocolate seat?". Ha-ha.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC