Looking for a tech in IN.

NannyMom

Someone on my FB is looking for a good tech in Indianapolis, IN. We have no techs listed on the sticky thread in IN. Are any of our knowledgeable techs there and just not listed??

I know she can look on the Safe Kids website, but we all know tech can be hit or miss ;)

ADS

romanoma

I just wanted to be able to watch this thread :D

I've not seen anyone from c-s here in central IN. We have a tech at our hospital who checks infants as they leave with new parents (she fixed our DS who we had strapped in completely wrong :() but I don't know how "reliable" she is at all. I do remember her using the rolled up receiving blanket at the crotch buckle trick.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm not close enough for a check, I'm in North IN, a good 2.5 hours from Indy. I do know of a good, reliable guy up by rochester, but it's still well over an hour from Indy.

Can she post her issue and have up help her virtually? We are pretty good, lol.

NannyMom

This is what she's looking for:
As for someone local, what would be best would be what I used to have a contact for: a clinic to check current car seats and that gives free ones to families w none. If not, maybe someone who could check installations of current ones & make recomendations. I work for a local nonprofit center. Day Nursery. We have 6 centers in the Indianapolis area. You can see our site at www.daynursery.org

romanoma

I know that St Francis Hospital on the south side of the city does have checks. One of the peds nurses is a tech. I think you have to call to arrange a time though, not sure if there are just clinics. They also at times have given out free infant seats. I don't know if they always have free seats or not.

HTH!

cowgirlsmommy

Community Hospitals have Safe Kids check car seats all the time on the north and south side. I always go to the one on the north side and the techs are awesome! It's at the fire station on 86th street across from Target.
You can register for the check and find dates and times on ecommunity.com under classes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC