GN as a booster

ADS

firemomof3

I tried my dd1 in the GN in booster mode the other day and was very pleasently surprised at how well she fit. It really depends on the child and vehicle. My dd1 is 6y/o 43-46lbs. 49” tall 17” torso she wears a size 6 pants/shirt. She is fairly narrow through the shoulders:
gnvsfr001.jpg

gnvsfr003.jpg

tjham

I used one until recently for my 8 yr old, 45 lb. granddaughter.
It fit her like those pictures. :thumbsup: (Cute kid!)

christineka

Here's my kids

GN_BoosterCfront.jpg

GN_BoosterEMfront.jpg

GN_BoosterERfront.jpg

I didn't think it fit any of them well. Also, in harnessed mode, my ds' head really flopped, so that I would have been uncomfortable with him being held by only a belt anyway.

DahliaRW

I used it once as a booster when ds1 was younger. It was a really odd situation where we needed to get to the airport, the car seats had to go into the middle row, and I had to sit in the back, needed locking clip installs in the vehicle, and there was just no way I could install one of the car seats and still get in the car (had to install ds2's scenera rfing first). So, he rode for 10 mins at 3 3/4 yo and 39ish lbs to the airport while I sat behind him holding his shoulders to make sure he stayed in place. And it fit him quite well, actually. But he is long torsoed. I haven't tried it recently, however.

cookie123

Thanks! If it provided a decent fit would you go with that at booster time, or consider something else? Just thinking ahead, ya know. Hannah's happy in her harness unless something changes over the school year. Planning to keep her in the harness until summerish. She's 7 now. But right around 40 lbs. Skinny and petite.

scoutingbear

No pics, but it fits A well as a booster. We would have used it as a booster when he outgrew the harness, but, uh, it seems we now have to find a narrower booster for a 3 across. :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

it fits some kids well, and others not, as evidenced from pics already...

it fits my kids great, but I am opting not to use it as a booster because it wouldn't work in my dh's car (too wide) as a spare booster and Ruthie's head flops some already with it reclined and using the harness, so I wanted something that would keep her sitting up straight... she'll use the Vivo.

It's all about the child and the vehicle.

Kat_Momof3

On the TC tests all 6 of the GN's tests in booster mode were in the "good" column http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safedrivers-childsafety-programs-testing-booster-report-924.htm .

I wonder (theoretically, of course) if the slightly high lap belt positioning we sometimes see with the GN might be less of a concern because of the contouring of the seat to prevent submarining. Of course, I wouldn't put a child in it to test my theory, but I still wonder...

you know, I'm curious about that, too... but I also won't be taking that bet... especially as Ruthie's knees STILL don't bend naturally at the edge of the seat... which I know isn't a REQUIREMENT for a booster, but it still prevents the urge to slouch... and so I try to make sure the knees bend naturally.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC