MR65, TFP, GN comp pics

Spam

MR65, TFP, GN comp pics added RN80

ADDED RN80 pics

Well, I have things I should be doing to get ready for Thanksgiving, but I'd rather play carseats :p. I'm awaiting the arrival of a RN80, so I'll add those pics when it gets here. Now, I have to downsize, so help which you would keep? Current stats are 16.5 months, 31.5lbs 33.5" 14"ish torso.

RN80- it's not tethered in the pics. It's as upright as I can get it.
rn800003.jpg
rn800004.jpg

TFP- everyday ride, at least until now. Like the tall shell and arb. We also have a regular TF in gmas van.
029.jpg
024.jpg

MR65- had one before, but have wanted to try another. Will he likely make it to 40lbs, or outgrow by height long before?? Will his shoulders start getting squished?
031.jpg
033.jpg
036.jpg

GN- Dh thought he could turn him in his truck since he rides in it less than once a month. I protested, he bought anyways, but it won't work in his truck :p I win again! Austin did look like he enjoyed it.
039.jpg
045.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmm, how much weight gain is his growth chart predicting in the next year and half or so? He has a tall torso right now, though likely his legs are going to start sprouting right away. I'm guessing he'd come pretty close to 40lbs in the MR if his legs take a growth spurt and he keeps gaining weight.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Hmm..my dd was very similarly sized to your ds at that age, and she wouldn't have made 40 in the MR...probably barely 35. Everyone said she would grow legs...except she didn't. Well...she is now, at 5, but she didn't prior to now. It looks like you dont have much room at all until you are 1 inch from the top.....probably a year, year and a half maybe? If 2-2.5 is your goal, then it's probably okay, but not any longer than that, I woudln't think.

I'm dying for radian pics. Can i come take some myself, lol? I'mn really havigna hard time between radian or TF or MR right now........

Spam

Hmm, how much weight gain is his growth chart predicting in the next year and half or so?

Growth chart gurus feel free to take a guess. He's always been in the 95%+

I'm dying for radian pics. Can i come take some myself, lol? I'mn really havigna hard time between radian or TF or MR right now........

As soon as the rn gets here. I'm probably coming to down to the up mall sometime this week :whistle:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Holy cow, your DS has pretty close to the same amount of room left in the MR has my DD who is 4" taller! And DD is taller in the torso than she is legs, so your DS has a SUPER long torso for his age and size. (I'm sure you know that, no real reason for me mentioning it other than my shock that a child 20 months younger than DD could have a torso about the same size!).

Do you have the TFP in the infant recline? It just looks very reclined compared to my regular TF which I've got at 35°.

ETA: Ha, I was cross posting with NannyMom and our kids are close to the same age and size I believe!

Spam

Do you have the TFP in the infant recline? It just looks very reclined compared to my regular TF which I've got at 35°.

It's the angle of the pic. It's not nearly as reclined as it looks. The little ball is all the way at the bottom of the 2. Yep, he's a big guy :)

flutie128

I will say that my DS was between 33 and 35 pounds at 2 and now at 5.5 he is about 46 pounds. He has definitely slowed down. I love the true fit but he does not have much weight to go both he will need to FF. That might be the seat to let go.

NannyMom

Growth chart gurus feel free to take a guess. He's always been in the 95%+

As soon as the rn gets here. I'm probably coming to down to the up mall sometime this week :whistle:

According to the chart I have, a 95% boy will get to 35 pounds about age 2 and 40 pounds about age 3.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

oh, me! Me, me!! *jumps up and down and waves hand frantically*

Tell me when and where and we'll be there!!!! :D

I desperately need to try a RN in my car so I can stop fretting about it. If it fits, I just need to get one, period. If it won't work, then I know I have to come up with a second choice.

Kat_Momof3

I understand your hubby's reasoning, but I wouldn't turn him when there are so many options out now... and you know he'll be able to install it/use it properly (if he couldn't manage both those things, then I'd feel differently, of course)

I honestly think that he COULD grow legs... BUT... I don't know that I'd be willing to bet on that when the TF makes such a better OVERALL seat for him.

if you don't plan on using the TFP ff at all, I'd say go with the Myride... and hope he grows legs... assuming you have the money to lay down on it.

otherwise, I'd keep the TFP and get rid of the Nautilus.

Spam

oh, me! Me, me!! *jumps up and down and waves hand frantically*

Tell me when and where and we'll be there!!!! :D

I'll let you know.. hoping the mail lady brings the rn today:)

DH doesn't install any of the seats. He's helped to get it tighter for me, but has never done one by himself. It's just easier for me to have one installed in both vehicles. If dh does take Austin anywhere he takes my car. The only time I have to use the truck is when dh takes the car to drive a further distance. His truck is terrible for car seats. '93 Chevy extended cab, back seat is not very wide- the reason the gn wouldn't work. It has retractors on both ends of the seatbelt in the front passenger, the middle has a lap belt forward of the seat crease. The backseat outsides are usable as is the center as long as it's a seat that doesn't have to fully be on the seat. It's a pain, and I can just picture Austin rebounding into the back glass:eek:

When he does go forward, I'll most likely get a fn or another gn. I've thought about keeping the gn until the end of my return time (feburary) and exchaning for a next year dom. He will most likely be turned in one of the vehicles (truck or gmas) sometime next year.

DH blows me off when I talk car seats. He doesn't get it and has no interest in it at all. I've showed him the articles and tried to get him watch the videos, he still thinks its a ploy to get more seats.

Kat_Momof3

Okay... the Radian clearly has way more head room (not like we didnt' know that anyway)...

My favorite is still the TFP... I love the ARB, too, and I love that they can sit more upright. He may have just been in active mode, but he looks like he's trying to sit up more in the shots of the Radian.

Spam

awesome. can you tell me how many more usable inches the rn has over the mr??
He has 4-5" in the rn comared to about 2" in the mr

Okay... the Radian clearly has way more head room (not like we didnt' know that anyway)...

My favorite is still the TFP... I love the ARB, too, and I love that they can sit more upright. He may have just been in active mode, but he looks like he's trying to sit up more in the shots of the Radian.

He was trying to sit up more. I've kept the TFP as his primary for now. I hate the recline on the rn. I have two more vehicles to try it in, before I finally give up on it.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
He has 4-5" in the rn comared to about 2" in the mr

That's what i thought....a good 2-3 more inches. I do NOT understand why they sloped the myride shell like they did...if they simply had it curve back from the headwings instead of DOWN (WTF?!), the shell would be kick-butt and the seat would be THE clear winner for ERF in all but tight 3-acrosses.
But no..they have that weird swoopy thing and you lose so many inches of height, making the 40 lb limit useless for some kids, including mine. *sigh*

He was trying to sit up more. I've kept the TFP as his primary for now. I hate the recline on the rn. I have two more vehicles to try it in, before I finally give up on it.

**bats eyes** Would one of those cars be mine? ;)

Spam

**bats eyes** Would one of those cars be mine? ;)

LOL, make that 3 cars to try it in. I don't know why they did slope thing either. If the back was as tall as the sides, that would be better. I :love: the cupholders. Hopefully our next kiddo will take after DH and be all legs so I can have one.. especially if it's a girl; I WANT Alma :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC