Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Phil and Teds - which model??

we are getting and P&T with double seat for our upcoming arrival as our other dd will be 3 in August (baby born in May)

She needs to have somewhere to sit, for longer walks and vacation so we have decided to go this way instead of a buggy board or a sit and stand or a true double.

Which is the best model??

WHy?

What is the best price on it? US is just find since my parents will be in Florida for the winter and will bring it back in April for us.

THanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Phil and Teds - which model??

We have the sport and like it a lot. We have the doubles kit but haven't used it yet. Every once in a while, you can find a good deal at costco.com or other sites. I think the lowest I've seen it is about $300 or $350...

Carseat Crazy

I got my sport during the costco deal last year, it was $300 for the stroller and doubles kit. Amazing deal, I haven't seen it for anywhere near that price since then. I love love it, use it almost everyday. And my 3 yo will still sit in the back seat. I thought he didn't like strollers anymore, turn out he just only liked "nice" strollers (he likes my BJCED too).

I hate the break on the sport, it's hard to use when the doubles kit is on, and very hard to use with flip flops on. I think the dash and vibe have the break on the handle, which is easier to use, although others have had complaints that it's too easy to use and can be engaged on accident. For the price I paid though, there was no debate.

Happy shopping!

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Quote Originally Posted by romanoma View Post
    I hate the break on the sport, it's hard to use when the doubles kit is on, and very hard to use with flip flops on. I think the dash and vibe have the break on the handle, which is easier to use, although others have had complaints that it's too easy to use and can be engaged on accident.
    I have a sport and agree 100% with romanoma. I knew the brake would be a pain when I got it but I didn't think it would bother me but it DOES. And ever since the video of that baby rolling in front of the train in his P&T's, I make sure I use the brake everywhere. Just because of that, if I were to buy it again tomorrow, I'd go for the dash or vibe.

I also had a classic and didn't like it. Probably because I was used to the extra features of the sport.

We have a Vibe and I like it. I'd probably love it if I could get over my Orbit.
    We chose the Vibe because it could be folded with the doubles kit and because it appealed to us more.. aesthetically. The handbrake works well although I have no idea how the brake on the Sport works. DD1 can and prefers to sit in the back most of the time. If you have any specific questions or would like pics.. let me know.
    Good luck deciding!
    Mommy to..
    DD1 30 mths RF in a Petal Radian XTSL
    DD2 18 mths RF in a Misty Morning True Fit

Carseat Crazy

I also have a sport with the doubles kit and we LOVE it with the exception of the brake and flip flops in the summer like pp mentioned. I've found the brake does get a bit easier with use and we do use it alot, but I would of prefered an easier brake like on the vibe or dash but the looks of the sport won me over more than the brake.
    A (2/99) M (7/00) J (10/04) B (4/07) S (3/09)

Carseat Crazy

With a new born, I would be going for a sport, not the classic. Just because it has the headrest and everything for the newborn. I had the classic and sold it on CL because the Costco deal came out a week later. Just keep your eyes peeled for good deals.