Britax questions

steph_s

How long do you think it will be before Britax releases new covers for the Pkwy SG? What are the chances they come out with a cowmoo pattern for it? Do you think it's going to end up like the Regent with no cute covers?

I really want a cowmoo cover for my sg to match my other seats! If I have the right combination of kids in my car I can have an entire mini van of cowmoo which would be horribly tacking and therefore awesome! I swear those cowmoo covers get more attention from people and it really opens the door to hwh and erf. I even helped a lady flip her 2.5 year old dd around a few weeks ago all because she noticed my cowmoo.

Also I asked in another thread and no one answered why does everyone seem to want the old pkwy back? What is wrong with the new sg? It has more room front to back, a sg clip, and goes about an inch and a half to 2 inches taller than the old style pkwy?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Good luck on the cowmoo cover. I have been waiting ever since the frontier came out, for new covers, expecially cowmoo.

I am not sure why everyone would want the old PW back. Maybe the narrowness of it? personally, I don't think it is the end and be all of boosters.

steph_s

The SG isn't any more wide than the original pkwy is. The wings are different on it don't get me wrong, but the sg fits the same as the old pkwy does in 3 across in my car. Perhaps it's a tad wider at the very front of the seat because how the seat is angled so it gives more seating room, but I see that as a plus. I've always had bigger kids who feel like they are sliding forward on the old style pkwy and they are fine in the new sg.

Yeah I waited forever for the Regent to come out with new covers and instead they discontinued it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
See, that is the problem I had. DBK felt like he was being spit out. That started the quest for the perfect booster. Yeah, the wings are different, but I am ok with that.

steph_s

Well, what did you find to be the prefect booster?

I had the same issue with my kids, but then I ran into issues with my current booster rider not needing the huge space some of the other boosters offered. Most of those seats just didn't fit him properly they were too wide and the belts didn't sit correctly.

When you look at the SG and regular pkwy side by side you don't really see the major differences that would make a child fall forward. When you have it irl, you notice that the sg sort of dips towards the back of the seat and curves on the sides, it isn't much but it makes a world of difference!!

I just keep seeing everyone talk about the old pkwy and how they wish it was back, they like it better, ect.

The only thing I can see is that in a 3 across situation it might be easier to buckle because there are no arm rests.

steph_s

Wish you could try him in the new sg to see how he fits in there. (Not saying go buy one. Don't want to encourage the car seat addiction I know how it is with me if someone asks about a seat I tend to run out and buy the stupid thing.) I'm looking for another booster for my son and while I love the sg, I would hate to miss another seat that might be better in the long run. Your son seems broader at the shoulders than my munchkin, but the torso height thing is about his growth curve. He is 5 years old (turns 6 in March) and is just now 41lbs, but on the last setting on his Regent. He is the smallest kid in his kindergarten class, but has by far the longest torso. He has no butt though so he requires a bit of extra padding or he complains that it hurts.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, he is (was) a borrowed kid. My son is in my siggy. I do not have access to DBK anymore, mom issues.

steph_s

Well that stinks. Just rip the child away from a caregiver! I've been there about a million times now with my foster kids. It sinks.

steph_s

lol this thread is weird! No one is chiming in at all. Stupid Britax and their cute covers, but never making them for any of the seats I really want them for! Wouldn't it make the most sense to have cuter covers for older children so they want to be in a car seat instead of for the RA, MA, ect. when they are younger and it doesn't matter. To me it just seems silly.

O yeah and I got a card with my sg that says to take a survey with britax and get 40% off my order with free shipping from their parts department. My friend saw it on the table and said "wow that really gives me confidence in their products that you will need to buy parts" so I had to explain to her it was more about the covers and such. Well I'm not going to take their stupid survey because it only gives you a few weeks to order something and their isn't anything I care to order!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sundays are slow. Church and all. They will be back later. I should be there too..

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I would probably faint with happiness if Britax made a cowmoo cover for the Frontier. I have one on my old style PW and LOVE it!

April

I prefer the old style PW over the SG because #1 no armrests makes it easier to buckle (plus I think the new amrests are about the siiliest things I've ever seen), and #2 I like the old wings better as I find they puzzle better with a Radian. I have two old style Parkways outboard and a FF Radian centre in DH's truck, and even I cannot buckle the seatbelt if one PW is switched for an SG. Sometimes those little changes make all the difference in the world when it comes to puzzling. :twocents:

kittykate

I hear ya on the cowmoo! My sons are big fans too. We won't be in the booster market for a long time, but I hope they do have a PWSG cowmoo cover by then :)

vonfirmath

Also, the ABILITY to buy parts sure does beat no ability to buy parts when one needs a new harness because of throw up/being accidentally drowned in a car wash, etc.

steph_s

Well the arm rests aren't really for arm rests. They should really change the names of them lol. They are no where near being useful for that purpose, but they are useful for making the sg backless and having someplace to route the seatbelt. The old style pkwy doesn't have this ability.

My current set up in my car is a Regent, ff radian65 and a pkwy sg in my car. I think they puzzle together just fine. It is easier with the radian rf, but it isn't impossible or horribly impractical with the arm rests on the sg at least not in my vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC