If my kid was yours which seat would you get him?

zactayaus

Just curious as to which seat you would choose for him (ds3). He just turned 7 months on 11/20. His stats are about 20lbs, 28 1/2", and he has a long torso (he's even with the top slots on his SS1). With all these great sales on car seats I keep seeing on here I'd hate to miss out on a really good deal but I don't know which seat I even want for him.:rolleyes: So I'd love to hear some opinions.:)

ADS

monstah

It's a tie, the Complete Air or RadianSL. I think they are both really cool seats and Gavin would look adorable in the orange CA. :love: (Not like he needs any help lookin' cute though!)

zactayaus

Oh, I guess I should mention that the seat would be for my 2000 suburban, no latch. He'd need to be in the middle in the second row, lap belt only. Not sure a radian will install well there.

zactayaus

It's a tie, the Complete Air or RadianSL. I think they are both really cool seats and Gavin would look adorable in the orange CA. :love: (Not like he needs any help lookin' cute though!)

I was so hoping to win a CA in the twitter contest.:eek:

I would do the radian SL's since he is bigger..I just got one and am LOVING it.. (I got an xt and like that one a little more than my 80 for some reasons and less for others..It almost seems like the slots are shorter but it feels like there is more to the seat than the 80 and it feels sturdier almost. (not that radians aren't already super sturdy)

JerseyGirl'sMama

I don't like the CA, so I am going to vote for the MR or the RN XT. If he has to go center between the other kiddos, then the MR may not fit. Have you ever tried to install a RN in the center with the lap belt only?

babygirlsmom1005

If the RN would fit, I'd go with that. IDK about a 00 Suburban....I know it fits like a dream in my 92, but they are different body styles....

If the RN was out, hmmmmm, I might lean towards a TFP, I know it only RF's to 35 lbs, but it is a nice seat and has a tall shell (and may give you a excuse for another seat down the road if they come out with more that RF longer as far as weight wise that will fit nicely in your vehicle).

I do like the MR65 and the CA, but I persoanlly like some type of rebound control, so that's why those 2 would be out if he was mine....

zactayaus

Do you have any stores that have a Radian you can try in your car?

Yes. We have a BBB near by.:thumbsup:

I don't like the CA, so I am going to vote for the MR or the RN XT. If he has to go center between the other kiddos, then the MR may not fit. Have you ever tried to install a RN in the center with the lap belt only?

I do love the way he fits in the MR and I'm pretty sure it would fit in the center but not positive (I'll have to try that one out too).

I haven't tried the RN in the center yet but that seat position always gives the worst installs with narrow belt paths (and all though I've never actually checked out the belt path on the RN, it just looks like it's going to be narrow:rolleyes:).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
If the radian will install, I'd get it. The myride shell is just not that tall for a big kid with a tall torso. Of course, part of ti depends on your goals, I suppose, but my dd wouldn't have made 4 rearfacing in a myride.

zactayaus

I happen to know someone who owns two Radians and also loves shopping at BBB. :whistle:

When I'm ready to play I'll definetly ask you and we'll have a great time at BBB again.:D Or if you just happen to be going there to play just for fun you know I'm always up for it.;)

zactayaus

Ok. I'll have to admit that I'm secretly in love with the BLVD in onxy and the Recaro como and signo (even though I can't figure out the difference) in cobalt. And I know these are definetly not good choices for my kiddo, but I still lust after them for some unknown reason.:shrug-shoulders:

ginny4

why not a cow BLVD? everyone loves the cow right? LOL i'm just blabbering i'm absolutely NO help. i swear every seat has pros & cons. i don't think i love just one seat to recommend. if gavin keeps his long torso then any convertible maybe outgrown long before he will be ready for a booster. so i say pick YOUR favorite.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Of course, part of ti depends on your goals,

I agree. What's your goal? Do you plan to buy one convertible to last him until booster age? Or do you generally switch/buy/sell/trade seats now and then, so you could look for something with a taller shell or higher weight limit once it's apparent which will be more necessary. :twocents:

(Personally I love the My Ride best of all the seats you've mentioned. :whistle:)

babygirlsmom1005

Ok. I'll have to admit that I'm secretly in love with the BLVD in onxy and the Recaro como and signo (even though I can't figure out the difference) in cobalt. And I know these are definetly not good choices for my kiddo, but I still lust after them for some unknown reason.:shrug-shoulders:

I :love: my DD's Como (have both the cobalt and blush covers for it).....it's the longest I've ever owned a carseat (bought it new in 07 and still have it). The differance between the two are the Como you rethread the harness and the Signo you don't, it's cranked like the Blvd.

Lemonade

MY 17m old is in a BLVD and we love it. I just bought some XTSLs for DH's car but they aren't here yet so I can't really comment. Basically, I'm a nut for the headwings. And I love the no-rethread of the BLVD. Plus I find Britax seats to be well made and easy to use. After having just played with the MR65, TF, and CA in the store I would pick the MR of those three. Definitely didn't like the CA. Are you kidding me with charging $250 for that cheapy plastic?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC