pre-school High chair suggestions

twinmommie

I have a 5 year old with some core strength issues.

He has been using a booster at the table, but it makes him slouch back. The regular chair is still too short for him.

I have looked at several products on line that are adjustible and will grow with the child.

I am thinking of the Musty. Has anyone tried it or know of something else that is similar? I can't find a store to look at one. I love the Sweedish styled chairs, but I hate to spend so much when we are getting into the puchase at age 5. I wish I had bought one when they were babies! Suggestion? I would preffer to spend under $150, or less if possible. Thanks!

ADS

twinmommie

Just noticed Keekaroo and some IKEA junior chairs.... does anybody use any of these? does anyone know a good retailer for either Keekaroo or Mutsy high chairs? (good return policy etc...)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp and we love it! It is pricey but they will last forever and even older kids can use them. I like it because it pushes right up under the table like normal dining chairs. It is also super easy to clean as there aren't any nooks that food can get into like a lot of chairs have.

We bought it for my son who is now 3 but my 5 and 8 year old also love sitting on it.

Oh and you can't forget about resale. People always want Tripp Trapps used so you can make a good chunk of your money back when you are ready to sell it.

julia94115

I second the Tripp Trapp. We LOVE it and like the pp mentioned, it grows with the child AND has incredible resale value. It's very well made and super easy to clean. I bought mine used (and still paid a fortune for it). If you want to try looking for used, ya gotta act quick because they fly off Craigslist!

twinmommie

thanks,

Do any of you know if one of the site sponsors have a good ordering and return policy for Stokke tripp trapp? Or of any retailer that does?

Resale is a good idea. I just sold my BOB dualie on Craigs list for a nice amount! I hadn't thought about that. I figured we would keep a "convertible chair" since it had a long usage, but resale and a regular chair in a few years might be a better investment!

NVMBR02

Just noticed Keekaroo and some IKEA junior chairs.... does anybody use any of these? does anyone know a good retailer for either Keekaroo or Mutsy high chairs? (good return policy etc...)

Target used to have the Keekaroo. They carried it at our store for awhile but I have not noticed it recently. Maybe at Target.com?

aisraeltax

we love our Stokke cahirs...have 2 and the kids (1 and 4) absolutely love them.

i stalk CL for another one for my 11 yo. we sit in them. they last forever.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC