How to get urine smell out of car seat padding

swtgi1982

Ok so DD has the CA and she got urine all over the padding, which the manual says is not machine washable. Being pregnant smelling that in the car all the time makes my stomach sick. (This being the one time I forget to put something absorbent under her in the seat) Any suggestions on getting the smell out?

ADS

cryswilkins

I would spray the padding with Natures Miracle and then cover it with a plastic bag. The enzymes need to stay wet to work. After about 24 hours I would take the seat out and let sit in the sun and air out.

swtgi1982

I would spray the padding with Natures Miracle and then cover it with a plastic bag. The enzymes need to stay wet to work. After about 24 hours I would take the seat out and let sit in the sun and air out.

Maybe I will just have to wait and try that after baby is born as I have no time to wait like that or take a chance I may go into labor and not have a seat for DD to ride in when someone takes her (my mom and in-laws have not a clue how to install a seat, I have shown them many times, but they still not get it!)
I only have six days till my due date, so I guess I will just deal until after baby comes, as DD is in third row and a pain to get seat in and out(being 39wks preggo), let alone DD in and out lately! (ERFing in third row, means over back seat from tailgate buckling!)

tjham

Well, maybe you could still do the Nature's Miracle part, even if you can't put it in the sun.
Spray the padding (You need to saturate the padding, the solution won't hurt your vehicle seat if it drips down), cover it with plastic and put the cover over it so it will be ready to go, if necessary.
Then, after 24 hours or so, pull the cover back, take the plastic off and let it air dry. If the seat is needed, put the plastic and cover back on again while she is using the seat and again uncover when you get back home.

emandbri

I seriously doubt it would fall apart if you washed it. I've washed covers with vinegar and then put them in the sun and it worked to get the smell out. It will depend on the cover and the washer but my radian cover took a day to dry but that was inside because it was raining out.

HUGS!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC