Huh, sometimes babies have a preference in seats too I guess?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I saw something quite interesting tonight, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. :D

I was helping a family choose a carseat at work tonight, and as part of that I always encourage the parents to try the kiddo in the seat as part of the selection process. 1st seat that baby was put in was the Advocate. Cue instant screaming and arching of back... I had dad pick her up and I raised the harness to where it needed to be, and moved it to the side out of the way... dad tried to put her back down and she screamed again. So I had mom pick her up, told her sometimes kids have preferences or it could just be that she was grumpy and not in the mood, so suggested sitting her in a different seat to see if it was just grumpy babe or the seat...

Sat baby in the TF next. Baby screamed. Mom picked baby up. I've seen this before... babies sometimes just don't want to be put down after being picked up out of the cart or the stroller etc, so I would've just chalked it up to that.

Mom figures it probably is just grumpiness, but decides to sit baby in the My Ride just in case. No crying. No sour faces. Nothing. Baby fiddled with the soother a bit, allowed mom to buckle the harness and tighten it up, then sat in the seat perfectly content while we talked.

I've seen babies prefer seats before, but was surprised to see a happy baby when she'd already screamed in 2 seats that I knew kids typically found comfortable.

We tried the MR out in their vehicle and it fit great, so they went with it. Can't argue with a baby who has that obvious a preference. :p

(For those who don't know, I work p/t 2 evenings a week at a BRU store. Shocking that there are actually BRU people out there who give good advice, huh? :p)

ADS

arly1983

I've seen babies prefer seats before, but was surprised to see a happy baby when she'd already screamed in 2 seats that I knew kids typically found comfortable.

That was me. I never expected it or this seat for S. He falls asleep in it on almost EVERY ride no matter how long or short. :eek: He has been picky about seats since he was born. He liked the Britax convertables over everything else but I was shocked when he fell asleep in the CA in the store in a just a couple of mins. I had to buy it.

Picture946.jpg

Joyofbirth

My baby seems to prefer the TF to the Marathon. She hasn't fallen asleep once since I switched her over. And she complains every time I go to put her in it. And she's not one to complain. I love that they have opinions so early in life.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My DD2 absolutely loved the Meagan Blvd! She cried when I took her out of it ;)

ROFL - how old was she? :p

Arly, that is such a sweet picture. I totally understand how you had to buy the seat after that happening. Car peace is worth every penny.

christineka

I took my baby to target when she was tiny. She was fussy in the store and I was barely keeping her sorta okay. We went to the car seat isle, I figured since she was already upset I'd try her in the myride. She calmed right down upon sitting in it. I did up the harness and then let her sit there while I looked at nearby seats. I picked dd up and she became fussy again. I think the Myride must be a very comfy seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC