ERFing in convertible carseat...

jenstet

So, my youngest son just outgrew his SafeSeat and I moved him into his older brother's Decathlon in the RFing position. This may seem like a very silly question, but how do you handle sun in the eyes? Sunglasses? Not worry about it? I was very used to his infant carrier with the canopy. Any suggestions?

ADS

Mommy0608

In my Civic, we use cling-on window tint. It's cheap and you can cut it to size. It's also a nice, safe alternative to roller shades that can be dangerous projectiles if they come off the window. My van has tinted windows, so I don't use anything extra.

jenstet

Wow. I never thought about a cling-on material. I'll check out an auto parts store this afternoon...or dare I visit WM?

Thank you for your advice!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I used this for my guy when he was RF in his convertible: http://www.protect-a-bubusa.com/pr_car-seat-sunshade.html I only used it 'til he was 9mo, so I'm not sure how well older kids would tolerate it, but it worked well for us. It also helped him go to sleep since there was nothing to look at when it was deployed. Because it blocks so much of their view, I only used it on sunny days or when he needed to go to sleep.

We also used sunglasses (like the strap-on "Baby Banz" type.)

HTH! :)

jenstet

Wow, that some sunshade! It sure looks like it would work. Hmmm...I think DS would dislike being shielded from his big brother's view. They giggle an awful lot back there. Thank you for your advice!

tjham

When my granddaughter was little, I would give her a very light, small receiving blanket to cover her head with when the sun got in her eyes. We played peek a boo to teach her how and she got so she would do it herself, off and on as the sun was or was not in her eyes. It was so cute!

Mommy0608

I bought my cling-on shade at Babies R Us actually. It came folded up in a small cardboard package. I'm sure you can get it in the automotive section somewhere else though but it might be more expensive. The BRU kind was only a few dollars.

amyd

I used cling-on shades too, but the ones I bought specified not to put them over the rear window heater strips. The rear is the worst for the sun coming in, IME. We tried Baby Banz for a while, but DS hated those worse than having the sun in his eyes...LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC