More leg room in a Radian?

purplemama

I've noticed recently that my DS2 is getting squished leg-wise in the MA. No biggie but it makes it harder to get him in. It's not an issue in DH's car because the seatback is more sloped and he has tons more leg room. But I drive a Trailblazer and with the very upright back seat he's so squished. Sooo..... I want an XT. Perhaps I'm more bothered by the leg room just as an excuse to get a Radian?
So will a Radian help with leg room? Or in a year or so will he be squished again? I know he'll still be RF then 'cause he's only 24# now at 2.
Oh, and yeah. I'm bored with the MA. I wanna play with a new seat. Love the MA but um, I gotta think of my poor baby's squished legs :rolleyes:.

I think the only solution to my problem is to just order an XT from someone with cheap return shipping and play with it.
Enable me please. ;)

ADS

christineka

Yes, there is more leg room in a radian. Also, with the low sides a child can comfortably place their legs outside the seat.

MOM25BOYS

Yep, the Radian offered both my boys more leg room as you see in my sig. pic. :D DS5 who is 20mths was squashed in his MA with me and hated the TF. So I switched out the Radian in my moms Jeep for my EFTA and DS loves it!:love:

Nisha

Yes! There's WAY more leg room in the Radian than the MA! The MA was reallly driving me nuts because of lack of leg room which made it hard to buckle DS in and made DH want to turn him around because he looked "uncomfortable".
The radian is fabulous for that!

emandbri

I moved Elizabeth to the radian at 2 years 8 months because she needed more leg room.

Here she is in the MA and you can see her in the radian in my siggy.

DSC02242.JPG

She was 2 years 7 months 31 lbs in the MA picture and is 3 years 4 months and 37 lbs in the siggy, she had a huge growth spurt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC