How in the world...?!?! TF tether hook bent again!

Mommy0608

A little background - I had to send DD's True Fit back to Learning Curve because of a broken tether hook (there's a long thread around here with details about it). They happily replaced it. Upon arrival of the new True Fit, I carefully inspected the tether hook and it was in perfect condition. I installed and used the seat rear-facing, with the tether hook properly stored on the storage hook on the back of the car seat. The seat was never moved until a couple of weeks ago when I had to install it FF for a friend's child. The hook was still in perfect condition when used for the FF installation, and looked fine when I uninstalled the seat to put it back RF for my DD. I rehooked the tether onto the storage location, it was still in perfect condition, and reinstalled it RF. A few days ago I noticed that the top tether hook was hanging down from the back of the seat, it somehow came unhooked from the storage location. With a closer look, I noticed the tether hook is bent the SAME WAY as the one on the seat I returned to the company!! Nothing has happened to this seat, I'm the only one who's touched it (well, besides DD getting in and out, but she has NEVER played with the tether hook). How in the world did this happen?! The seat wasn't dropped or mistreated in any way. I can not figure this out at all, and it's driving me crazy!! I know it happened while in my posession, it didn't come from the company this way because I inspected it carefully when it arrived, so I don't know if I should call them or not.

Any ideas on how this could have happened? Has anyone else noticed it happening? What should I do? Honestly, I don't plan to use the seat FF except for the very rare occassions when I have an extra kiddo in my vehicle who has to be FF. When DS outgrows it RF he'll be getting a Frontier or some other comparable seat if something new comes out. Still, this is uber frustrating! I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the shape or location of the tether storage, since so many people had this problem with their seats as well. Anyone have any theories?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC