Booster Recs

Mommypooh

I have a 6 1/2 year old daughter. She is about 47 lbs, not sure on height at the moment, but she rides in a GN full time right now. She just moved to the top slots. She is asking for a booster and I don't like the GN belt fit in my van, plus I want to pass the GN down to my middle child, when I move Gabby to a Booster.

I want one with real nice deep wings. I drive a 99 Grand Caravan, and they don't have great safty ratings. I was leaning towards the Monteray, until I started hearing it is not a good fit for skinny kids. My daughter is skinny and almost all leg. She still fits in the BV that my son rides in. I have 2 FPSVB for back ups but I don't want her in those full time as they just don't enough protection in my opinion.

I wish they still made the old parkways cause she fits great in one of those, but that seat is my MIL's, she bought it so I can't high jack it.

So give me some ideas on what to look at. I also want it to last her for at least 3-4 years, but she will most likely need a high back for as long as I have this van, cause while I had ve head rests, even I am to tall to sit back there, and I am 5'4".

ADS

firemomof3

I would look at the Recaro Vivo; has great side-impact protection, fits skinny kids really well and is super comfy :)
If you like the older Parkways you could also try the new Parkway SG.

Mommypooh

I have tried her in the new parkway. I don't like it. It is too open and just does not hug her well. I will try to find a Vivo to look at. Anything else I should consider?

Kat_Momof3

I would definitely get a Vivo... I have one for when Ruthie switches to a booster full time in March... she's using it as her spare for now... it's fabulous... I just didn't like how she fit in her brother's Monterey, and I wanted more side support than the Nautilus offered, even though the belt fit was great on her.

the only other booster I can think of with that kind of support is the new Parkway, which you said you didn't like, or Clek Oobr (which is VERY expensive)

Mommypooh

She is in there a couple of times a week and the FPSVB does not seem to give a good belt fit when I tried it in her Jeep. Plus the old PW is the only booster that fits if she has the boys and I am sometimes dealing with too much that I don't want to have to move one more seat back and forth for just in case emergencies.

I am taking care of my Grandma and she is ill and my MIL sometimes has to pick up all three kids and it is tight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC