How to safely store a stroller?

tl01

I have a Mercedes R350 with a stroller I keep in the back. My back two seats are strored as we are not using them. I have a luggage cover but don't think that is enough to keep the stroller back there in an accident. Mercedes does not make a gate for this car.. (WHY NOT!). What can I do to keep my family safe in an accident? Thanks!

ADS

monkeysmom

I'm also curious about this...could a stroller do damage if it is bigger and wouldn't likely fit through the opening between the roof and top of back seat?

TheRealMacGyver

Ratchet straps-the kind I was using the wrong way:eek: These are great for cargo, not so great for kid-go:D Get them at any home improvement, auto, or wally-world stores.

ETA: Please try not to use bungee cords, my friend came very close to losing his eye from one. He has limited sight now, but still has his eye luckily.

Last edited:

southpawboston

not only can bungee cords become little torpedoes if they break while using them, they also won't hold up in a high speed crash like ratcheting harnesses will.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC