Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Does anyone know the best place to buy a girly MA cover? Used/New?

Since we have a year left on out Marathon, I need a new girl cover to hold us over...My dd really wants me to buy the Frontier, however, I need to wait on that one since she fits just fine in the Marathon. Does anyone know where I can get a girly cover - it can be used or new, is ebay the only place?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Does anyone know the best place to buy a girly MA cover? Used/New?

Check out our Swap section for covers . New members are not allowed to post for sale or in search of threads (there's a sticky thread in there listing the rules for posting), but they can certainly buy anything that's for sale. Otherwise, new from Britax or ebay are probably the only choices, maybe craigslist.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I always got my covers when I had Marathons on craigslist. I would go to purchase the seat and realize it was expired, explain to them about expired seats and show them what Britax says about it and then offer to help them destroy the seat and pay at least for the cover. One lady had 6 covers for her 3 Marathons all expired and sold the covers to me for $60!! That is $10 per cover!!

BTW: Just looked there are about 6 different girly cover marathons on craigslist near my right now and all come with seat (that you can toss) and at least 2 covers for about $40. That's only about $20 per cover.. not bad.

Last year Britax offered a few covers on sale around the holidays. I'd check there over the next month too.

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

Amazon has the Mariposa for $70 with free shipping. Same price as Britax site, but at least you can get free shipping.